Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hello inner pedo, a J-pop thread (AKB48)

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Jian Ghomeshi interviewed someone about J-pop groups, and the methodology behind their formation. Apparently, the more members you have, the higher the chance that the "personalities" of one of the members resonates with a fan, creating a stronger fanbase. Does AKB48 go overboard with 48 members? Some of these girls are as young as 15, but apparently they are the biggest J-pop group in Japan (not just member size, but commercial success).

So about the thread title, if you have an inner pedo, you can bring him out by "ranking" the girls. It might not make you any more comfortable with yourself, but here's what showed up on my top 12 of the results:

top12.png
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

2. Music   -   #2
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    What's with all the old hags?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Music   -   #3
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Since they all look alike to me I'm going to say that besides being equal parts turned on and repulsed ,I like the Japanese one.

The Japanese one that's legal.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 10-29-2011 at 08:39 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Music   -   #4
    The Japanese one that's legal.
    Rape is not legal in Japan, regardless of their age. The more you know.

Edit: repulsed at who, yourself or Japanese culture?

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    What's with all the old hags?
    Teen idol retirement policies are brutal, be thankful they all have jobs now because once they finish high school it's all over. I guess that's until older successful Japanese men take them in as their wives, a sanctuary of sorts.
    Last edited by mjmacky; 10-29-2011 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. Music   -   #5
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Teen idol retirement policies are brutal, be thankful they all have jobs now because once they finish high school it's all over. I guess that's until older successful Japanese men take them in as their wives, a sanctuary of sorts.
    That makes me feel better for them. Guess I'm just a sucker for "happy endings"...
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Music   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    That makes me feel better for them. Guess I'm just a sucker for "happy endings"...
    You win a prize for that one. A voucher for your nearest jack shack (prizes are on a budget, massage not included). Just provide 3 quotes and phone numbers for each parlor. You may wonder how I can arrange something so impromptu, but I assure you in the simplicity of this task, business is business. They know if they let you leave a happy customer, you'll come again.

7. Music   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by iroled View Post
    cool bra .. like chicks from moviez
    I'm not surprised that you found yourself to this thread J-dye, it has everything you'd like:
    J's followed by dashes
    references to underage girls
    pictures of underage girls
    video of underage girls

Now if we could only capture them using Java to show proofs of high school trigonometry problems while wearing bikinis, your head would probably pop off.

8. Music   -   #8
    From what I understand, K-Pop bands are notorious for creating large groups as well. Some may say that they're even worse than Japan. The record labels gather a ton of semi-talented to talented individuals and have them live in a dorm and train them to become stars. The way the groups are formed are almost always completely arbitrary. Girls Generation, Super Junior, SHINee, 2pm, are all examples. However, I still can't believe a 48 member group exists, it's insane.

9. Music   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsu-Kun View Post
    From what I understand, K-Pop bands are notorious for creating large groups as well. Some may say that they're even worse than Japan. The record labels gather a ton of semi-talented to talented individuals and have them live in a dorm and train them to become stars. The way the groups are formed are almost always completely arbitrary. Girls Generation, Super Junior, SHINee, 2pm, are all examples. However, I still can't believe a 48 member group exists, it's insane.
    They apparently have a shitload on reserve with their team 4 and trainee lists. I've seen some Korean variety shows (that my lab partner would watch from his laptop), but only up to about 16 members for their groups. It's hard to tell who sucks at singing since they keep trading off on their voices (I just assume all of them do), but in the end it's just a stage full of dancers.

10. Music   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsu-Kun View Post
    They apparently have a shitload on reserve with their team 4 and trainee lists. I've seen some Korean variety shows (that my lab partner would watch from his laptop), but only up to about 16 members for their groups. It's hard to tell who sucks at singing since they keep trading off on their voices (I just assume all of them do), but in the end it's just a stage full of dancers.
    The variety shows are just ways to "promote" the group by using specific members and having them showcase their talents. More often that not though, once they get on that stage they just becomes a bunch of dancers, and even then, some of them are still slightly above average. It's safe to say that if you're reasonably average and have some sort of cuteness/beauty then you can be added in a group. I think DBSK has been the most successful group out of Korea and they were also one of the smallest. I just cant understand the need for mega-groups.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast