Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to join r files?

Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    It's definitely a configuration thing

I received a "480 authentication required" error when trying to log on. What should I do?

Your newsreader software is not configured to send your username and password. Please check your software configuration to verify that you have entered your username and password.
    Who is your ISP, if they are providing the news server then they must also supply you with a username and password to use their service.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    Quote Originally Posted by enoughfakefiles View Post
    Port 119 is the default port. It's under prefernces>grabit search.

I never used a password or user name but that might be because i don't use usenet as jp said. I'm on NTL broadband and seem to get all the things i need of thier servers. You could just trying to re-install grabit using reality's guide.

As for the you reached you limit thing, i think in grabit you can only search a limited amount of times a day without there being a small fee for unlimited searches. Just use binsearch for all your needs.
    You are using usenet. NTL are simply allowing you access to it, but to a limited number of groups.

Does Grabit download the par files then reconstruct the file for you using the rars and pars, all automatic like. If so I might go back to using it.

3. Lounge   -   #33

I never used a password or user name but that might be because i don't use usenet as jp said. I'm on NTL broadband and seem to get all the things i need of thier servers. You could just trying to re-install grabit using reality's guide.

As for the you reached you limit thing, i think in grabit you can only search a limited amount of times a day without there being a small fee for unlimited searches. Just use binsearch for all your needs.

How do i use binsearch? I did re-install grabit and i reached the limit. I am on cable high speed so i am using the ISP server.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Sextent View Post
    It's definitely a configuration thing

I received a "480 authentication required" error when trying to log on. What should I do?

Your newsreader software is not configured to send your username and password. Please check your software configuration to verify that you have entered your username and password.
    Who is your ISP, if they are providing the news server then they must also supply you with a username and password to use their service.

What other news groups clients are there? I had enough with grabit. I have to go eat my breakfast soon.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    hmm, I been told over in newsgroups section i have to many threads open. Does someone want to close some of them? Possibly the error one in Usenet?

6. Lounge   -   #36
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sextent View Post

You are using usenet. NTL are simply allowing you access to it, but to a limited number of groups.

Does Grabit download the par files then reconstruct the file for you using the rars and pars, all automatic like. If so I might go back to using it.
    Yes. It asks you if want to use this option when you set it up.

I was going to have a look at that newsleecher but grabit seems to work just fine for me

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by php111 View Post

How do i use binsearch? I did re-install grabit and i reached the limit. I am on cable high speed so i am using the ISP server.
    Just tick the box and save as an nzb file.

8. Lounge   -   #38

How many times do i have to tell you all. When i download a nzb file then open with grabit. I get a 480 error.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    you never get many problems with torrents

10. Lounge   -   #40

How many times do i have to tell you all. When i download a nzb file then open with grabit. I get a 480 error.
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/histo...c/99860-1.html

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...e+Search&meta=

Use the search funtion.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast