Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dsl Question

DONT EVER GET MSN. they use a modem call dsl 1000 which have a onbaord firewall thta u cant get rid of. U cant even foward port through it. dont even try tech support, they just tell u to go to a site that isnt even up yet. "we are trying our hardest to get the problem fix." that is wahat they told me except its never fix. im gonna switch to earthlink cable. 2mb/s and up to 384kb/s upload. only 29.95 first six month and 41.95 afterward.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Kazaaliterock, why didn't you just buy the Qwest DSL, it says its only 31.

And where are you getting 29.95 then 41.95? It tells me 45.95. And it says I have to have Comcast cable.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    1st question, qwest dsl doesnt inlcude a isp and i didnt know where else to get a good isp. obviously msn wasnt a good one.

2nd question i live in minnesota where time warner is available and it says taht the first 6 month are 29.95 and 41.95 afterward. and make sure u choose cable. dsl is more expensive (49.95).

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by iamtheoneandonlyone@9 July 2003 - 23:24
    Yeah DSL is getting cheap these days.
    Yeah, it is for you in America ...

Here in Britain, broadband is not being pushed far enough by Oftel (the Government sector controlling phone/internet access), 2Mbps cable has just landed in the consumer market, otherwise gullable fools are paying for 150K for £18.99 per month, that's how much I pay for 512/256! Then it's 256K then 512. 1Mbps is becoming popular, but in Sweden they're already on 10Mbps line

Meanwhile, businesses are at the top of the line, they have got the 4.096/8.192Mbps services. Cable loses out to businesses, it's more ADSL. However SDSL trials are happening with symmetric speeds of 2Mbps.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    ye 2mb has jus landed saw the adverts "telewest"

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Bulldog do 2 meg if you are lucky! www.ispreview.co.uk

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Well it dependends on where you are located at. DSL sucks. But Cable is the shit. I pay $40 a month and my download speed is 3500KBS (how fast I download a web page.) My transfer speed is 350 KBS (how fast I download files.) If you can get Cox High Speed Internet in your area then thats what I would do. If not find another cable internet service and go with them it is 13x faster then the 256 dsl lines for the same price.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Twist3r
    1st question, qwest dsl doesnt inlcude a isp and i didnt know where else to get a good isp. obviously msn wasnt a good one.

2nd question i live in minnesota where time warner is available and it says taht the first 6 month are 29.95 and 41.95 afterward. and make sure u choose cable. dsl is more expensive (49.95).

hey i live in MN 2 i use NorthStar access DSL

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    hehe twister is a minnesotian (not sure how to speel that) but where in MN. i live in minneapolis and how is northstar?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Twist3r
    its pretty good i get at the top 80 kbps download speed tops
    and around 50kbps upload speed

i live in princeton (by st. cloud kinda)

EDIT: i dont know how much it is i dont pay the bills my parents do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast