Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sites freak out after OiNK raid

Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    One tracker that shall not be mentioned anymore is in the process of closing up too, at least a lot of the given invites were removed and new rules set in place.

I think it's a good thing for the bittorrent scene, not necessarily for single users (edit: I was thinking about new users or those trying to get into another tracker). All this BT stuff has become way too popular over the past few years and it's always been the way of copyright owners to target the most popular or best growing techniques. A little bit of privacy, security and many smaller but separate closed communities are certainly a step in the right direction.

btw: IMHO BCG invites have been offline for longer than one week, wasn't the tracker closed about two months ago already?
    Last edited by Daniel; 10-26-2007 at 05:35 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    btw: IMHO BCG invites have been offline for longer than one week, wasn't the tracker closed about two months ago already?
    They had open registration for a little while recently.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Oh, thanks for clearing that up, 4rainertunes. I can only remember stoi's posts in the WIAW thread where he talked about keeping the tracker closed indefinitely so an open signup recently was a surprise to me

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by AkaiDoresu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Not to mention that stoi stepped down from BCG. May be coincidental, but just a thought.

WB has removed invites and may be implementing some huge changes to the tracker itself. I won't touch on those details though.

There has also been an influx of trackers wanting their reviews removed.
    You mean reviews on FST ?
    Yes.

yo

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Music-vid:

Major Server Problems

We are experiencing some major server issues at the moment. Logins are not possible so the site is currently down.
    At the moment, it is unlikely the site will be back up for quite a while, if at all

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    its already too late, what you think those scum backs need invites to get into those tracker, they atleast have 2 to 3 accounts in any freakin tracker, they already have what they want its only about time when somebody pushes the button.
    removing the reviews... again that wont help because they're already in their radar.
    its only a legal processes which keeps them from taking action, not all trackers are based in America to be shutdown so simply and as some of you may know international copyrights laws are not same and need massive efforts by US agencies to make arrangements(atleast in countries who are strong enough to say no) so they put their efforts into busting famous sites.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    ya. apparently the oink shutdown was the result of a 2-year-long investigation. took them that long to shut down one tracker..

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    wasn't oink much smaller 2 years ago? anyone know approximately how many users oink had at that time?

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by koolyt View Post
    ya. apparently the oink shutdown was the result of a 2-year-long investigation. took them that long to shut down one tracker..
    It's called, collecting evidence.

yo

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    a 14yo kid can get any private tracker membership in a few weeks if he's clever. he just needs a seedbox, a few hundred forum posts and a lot of free time to hang in front of the computer.

do you really think a highly paid it expert, who works fulltime in the forensics department of a authority or company would not?

the question is not will they get in, but do they have a reason to get in.

so talk a lot about your favourite private tracker and the great content in public and there might be a reason for them.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 10-26-2007 at 09:03 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast