Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sites freak out after OiNK raid

I think it's about more then just collecting evidence. I think it's a trial and error type of case and if things go in the favor of them it could mean we might see more of this happening.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    70% of all internet traffic (in germany) is bittorrent.

nobody can stop that!

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    i dont get it, todays ISP's/countries specially Europe provide so High speed Home services thinking of what if they dont want people to use p2p, i mean normal web browser will never need a 10MB line.
    as said before almost 2 third of internet traffic world wide is bittorrent or p2p in general, if they want to cut it then all of this high speed internet are nothing but a waste of ISP race to attract more users.
    without P2P there is no need for Speed hunger and speed will freeze down to one point, sure these speed can be used by web masters but those are just 1 third. do they really want to stop the progress just because some damn monopoly company sitting in USA is no longer controlling his business and getting 2$ instead 3$.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA View Post
    i dont get it, todays ISP's/countries specially Europe provide so High speed Home services thinking of what if they dont want people to use p2p, i mean normal web browser will never need a 10MB line.
    as said before almost 2 third of internet traffic world wide is bittorrent or p2p in general, if they want to cut it then all of this high speed internet are nothing but a waste of ISP race to attract more users.
    without P2P there is no need for Speed hunger and speed will freeze down to one point, sure these speed can be used by web masters but those are just 1 third. do they really want to stop the progress just because some damn monopoly company sitting in USA is no longer controlling his business and getting 2$ instead 3$.
    Why are you targeting the U.S.A.? There are recording industries all over the World who are fighting piracy. The latest take down of oink was by the Interpol, and because it was breaking UK copyright law.

Also, with the speed in which gaming growing and the amount of data that must be transfered in online games, larger lines are becoming necessary.

yo

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    ohh c'mon who your kidding with, yourself?
    other recording companies dont make a shit, they dont even make a half of what RiAA is making nor they record that much, dont tell me that OINK was distributing UK's artist labels, maybe a small percentage, rest are American produced labels and are controlled by RIAA internationally and localy, if arrest was triggered it was triggered by RIAA and interpol wont do a shit if its not asked for.

Also, with the speed in which gaming growing and the amount of data that must be transfered in online games, larger lines are becoming necessary.
    near future maybe but i guarantee you those speeds are not meant for them right now.
    Last edited by BawA; 10-26-2007 at 10:21 AM.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA View Post
    Why are you targeting the U.S.A.? There are recording industries all over the World who are fighting piracy. The latest take down of oink was by the Interpol, and because it was breaking UK copyright law.

yeah, not to mention the trend of streaming video which will only grow as more and more content providers and media companies themselves put tv episodes, news, and other media for online viewing. speeds are only going to increase with time.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    I'm willing to bet most of those companies work together in cooperation.

As far as speeds you have online gaming but don't forget the all important use of HD, pics and so on.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    iNSOMNiA's Avatar 1/G BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    a 14yo kid can get any private tracker membership in a few weeks if he's clever. he just needs a seedbox, a few hundred forum posts and a lot of free time to hang in front of the computer.
    do you really think a highly paid it expert, who works fulltime in the forensics department of a authority or company would not?

the question is not will they get in, but do they have a reason to get in.

The question is why would he do that since 17 y/o could hack OinK or any other tracker..
    so talk a lot about your favorite private tracker and the great content in public and there might be a reason for them.
    all the spam on FST are nothing to compare with the 10minutes Oink did on BBC. Trust me.
    Last edited by iNSOMNiA; 10-26-2007 at 10:37 AM.

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by iNSOMNiA View Post
    The question is why would he do that since 17 y/o teen could have hacked OinK or any other tracker..
    so talk a lot about your favorite private tracker and the great content in public and there might be a reason for them.
    All the spam on FST are nothing to compare with the 10minutes Oink did on BBC. Trust me.
    None of it is a secret.

Filesharing is the quiet crime. You do it, your neighbors do it, the guy a the corner store does it. Millions of people around the world do, but few talk about it.

The latest oink debacle just proves the point. There are articles on every blog on the web, as well as major news stations, MTV, Billboard, etc.

It should be a security wake up call for everyone.

yo

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    There's definitely some truth to that. It's something several hundred million people do.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast