Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Dexter | Official Thread

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by thebazzla View Post
    its not all been great there has been 2 series at least which have been dodgy to say the least. this season has been a bit on the slow side also .
    Quote Originally Posted by Z3R0 View Post
    Last night's ep was the best of the season by far, this season is gonna be so intense!
    I agree that so far the current season isn't up to snuff.

While I understand the writer's desire to confront Dexter with choices, I don't think that turning the show into a domestic drama is the wisest way to proceed.
    As for the last episode being this season's best ,I couldn't disagree more strongly.Except for some character exposition of the new detective from Chicago nothing really relevant happened.I do get the feeling though that they are building up to "off" another one of the main characters.

Also and I don't believe I'm saying this, but they really need to amp up the blood/nastiness. Maybe I'm losing interest but I just not feeling that the stakes are all that high.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 10-25-2011 at 03:18 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #202
    thebazzla's Avatar 'The Steelmen' BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    its never been the same after they killed of james Doakes.at least there was something different on each episode.

3. Movies & TV   -   #203
    wazza100's Avatar Meh BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by thebazzla View Post
    its never been the same after they killed of james Doakes.at least there was something different on each episode.
    icetruck killer season was pretty amazing without doakes (even before that ridic season finale). won't say anymore in case someone was silly enough to jump into this thread without being up to date

this season has been pretty average but im sure there will be a bigger plot brewing than the church concept- the paths of Dexter the serial killer and the new lieutenant will surely collide this season one must think

4. Movies & TV   -   #204
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Season 6 has come to an end and the season finale had a great cliffhanger for the new story arc for the upcoming season 7.... can't wait!
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

5. Movies & TV   -   #205
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    i'm gonna watch the whole series

6. Movies & TV   -   #206
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    Season 6 has come to an end and the season finale had a great cliffhanger for the new story arc for the upcoming season 7.... can't wait!
    Finally, too. Someone was bound to find out at some point or the show would become stale, and that was beginning to happen. Glad it was Deb tho'. Can't wait for next season; gonna be good.

yo

7. Movies & TV   -   #207
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    Finally, too. Someone was bound to find out at some point or the show would become stale, and that was beginning to happen. Glad it was Deb tho'. Can't wait for next season; gonna be good.
    the ending of that finale cannot save the disappointment of the season as a whole. Plot didn't move anywhere, minor characters were at the forefront of the story and more interesting characters such as Laguerta were marginalised and barely seen at all throughout the season. Hated the whole church theme and the main "villain" was incredibly dull.

I hated even more where the writers went with the conflicting feelings of Deb and Dexter and Deb's confused romantic sentiments towards Dexter. Was pretty off and provides an interesting dynamic I suppose for what happens next. I was hoping for a more dramatic face-off when Dexter's mask was finally removed.

8. Movies & TV   -   #208
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by wazza100 View Post
    the ending of that finale cannot save the disappointment of the season as a whole.
    I completely agree. I'm really starting to lose interest in this series. I found myself forcing to stick with this season hoping something entertaining would happen. And it finally did, but not until the last couple seconds of finale.

Hopefully the writers will have Dex start hitting Deb from behind while she's somehow helping him with his kills. Something along those lines might bring the series back to life for me. But if next season is going to be as boring as this one was then they just need to pull the plug on the show.

9. Movies & TV   -   #209
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    the ending of that finale cannot save the disappointment of the season as a whole.
    I completely agree. I'm really starting to lose interest in this series. I found myself forcing to stick with this season hoping something entertaining would happen. And it finally did, but not until the last couple seconds of finale.

Hopefully the writers will have Dex start hitting Deb from behind while she's somehow helping him with his kills. Something along those lines might bring the series back to life for me. But if next season is going to be as boring as this one was then they just need to pull the plug on the show.
    Season 6 was the first season I watched to judge the series. It was comical to say the least. What a fucking letdown that cheerleaders all over the nation are in love with this series.

I really want the writers to make Deb have a nervous breakdown. That'll be interesting seeing her go full out psycho. I don't want her institutionalized for it, though. Sister needs a secret of her own, too.
    Ellipses go here.

10. Movies & TV   -   #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post

yeah exactly. writers promised a lot before the season started, but what was finally delivered was average at best and mediocre viewing for the most part. Whatever happened to the old dexter which had some of the best moments on tv that I had seen in a long time aka rita, doakes and dexter, season 1 reveals. Really miss it.

Counting down till Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones and Suits come back.