Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats special on revolt ?

Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Yea,make it a level 10 forum(whatever that means) and the members in it become even more special.
    No wait,i've got an idea.Let's make a forum with about 50 members in it and allocate invites to members who have 1000+ posts.We would be royalty then i'm sure.

2. BitTorrent   -   #102
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    ladies and gentlemen, l have the great honor to introduce "the specials".

with revolt founder ****** in the middle.

names are stared out for privacy reasons

p.s. picture was taken 1979 when revolt went online on a small elite university network in the north of england.

3. BitTorrent   -   #103
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    lol Polarbear that is awesome!

why are people so obsessed with rarity? why not just interact with groups you enjoy being around? I hate elitist bs, and the worse part about it is in multiple groups i'm part of in rl and online can be considered elitist. I hate that because I try to be accepting of everyone and I am more then the average person, which completely contradicts everything about my 'elitist' ways.

i can tell you there are many groups I am part of that are not considered rare or elitist and I like being apart of them just as much as any of the 'elitist' groups. Why not just be happy hanging out with who you want to be around?

4. BitTorrent   -   #104
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielleD87 View Post
    lol Polarbear that is awesome!

why are people so obsessed with rarity? why not just interact with groups you enjoy being around? I hate elitist bs, and the worse part about it is in multiple groups i'm part of in rl and online can be considered elitist. I hate that because I try to be accepting of everyone and I am more then the average person, which completely contradicts everything about my 'elitist' ways.

i can tell you there are many groups I am part of that are not considered rare or elitist and I like being apart of them just as much as any of the 'elitist' groups. Why not just be happy hanging out with who you want to be around?
    Danielle, i agree.I was being sarcastic though(sure you picked it).How special can a forum be? I think FST is a special forum!
    PS:-I'm on FST,thus i'm special.W00t!Let's celebrate!

5. BitTorrent   -   #105
    yes but fst is a special olympic type of special...

6. BitTorrent   -   #106
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    /me logs out of FST before I am noticed
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #107
    yes but fst is a special olympic type of special...
    lulz,sort of.Honestly i like a forum which is very active and ppl are allowed to speak freely without having the fear of getting banned.Waffles is an example as the staff there is fairly laid back.
    Last edited by soulreaper; 01-13-2008 at 07:34 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #108
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Ah well back on track, there is no ban-hammer hovering at revolt, there was after an open signup was conducted as an experiment. The forum wanted new members but criteria were set before the signup was started, they were simple no spam (like a tracker when you upload a certain amount revolt has different access based on the number of posts) . People saw that a certain number of posts had to be met and went nuts resurrecting 4 year old threads with comments like 'yah' 'lulz' '+1' and general moronic spam, and guess what, they got their ass banned. It is simple it is about the quality of the spam at revolt, in other words healthy discussion. Everyones opinion is respected and you can speak far more freely about yourself and your experiences because it is a 'community'. But it is a closed community that prefers to choose its members.
    In another thread a poster was asking about the 'recruiters' , the people who recruit for revolt are existing members who recommend others that they believe would be an asset to the community based on what they have to say, it is that simple and new members are being recommended all the time, the staff then look into their post history and decide. It is the staffs forum and they are the ones who decide who they want, so if you fit what they are looking for as a member of the community they will come calling.
    Unfortunately when the open signup was on there were a massive amount of dupe a/c's created for trading purposes as well, so it has been decided thanks to the huge amount of people who tried to trade that there won't be any open signups again (at least for a very long time ).
    In no way though is revolt in the least elitist, it is a group of like minded people who discuss freely, and you can be far more free with your opinions than anywhere else I am a member of. I hope this post encourages people, revolt is not mysterious it is private but it is a huge amount of fun. There are some that don't fit, there are quite a few who were banned and harbor ill feeling because of this, but such is life move on, most who were banned were cheating the rules of the forum anyway, but for those who do wish to belong, simply be an open honest community person and revolt will come calling.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

9. BitTorrent   -   #109
    Artemis, do you think I fit?

10. BitTorrent   -   #110
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Artemis, do you think I fit?
    /sexist remark follows.

In Ali G voice "I fink you is well fit"

Sorry.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast