Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats up with AOM killer?

HiDef's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j51im View Post
    I am going to put a shameless plug in here. MagicianTorrents is a new magic torrent community that I am staff on. We are a few months old and in that time have become quite large. Anyway, I have an AOMK account and I get a headache any time I visit so I know your pain. We try to focus more on community than elitism.
    MT is a good magic tracker. I am a member there.

I agree, good tracker.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    goran1983's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Message received from MagicianTorrents on 2008-06-16 20:03:54 GMT.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a mass all to ALL users.

Recently the admin from AOMK has been accessing MT in order to send out spam, and harrass members of this fine site.

We just found out how he has been getting away with it, and I think you will agree that this is one of the most underhanded things you could do.

If you are a member of both AOMK and MT, please change your password immediatelyon MT! We just got word from a very trusted source close to aomk, that he has been compiling his own members passwords.

If he happens to cross reference your account, to find out that you also have one on MT, he will use that information to log into your MT account. Provided you have used the same passwords for both sites.

So if you have an account at both sites, MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE YOUR MT PASSWORD RIGHT AWAY.

On a personal note, this is terrible for an admin to do, you should never look at your members passwords, or try to compromise their accounts at other sites. This is the biggest betrayel that can be done.

MT has gone out of its way, to make sure that all passwords are encrytped into the databse, so that even I can not easily decrypt them.

Everyone Have a great day! and make sure to keep your account SAFE!
    MG

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    MagicianTorrents

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    GOIN' MACH 5!!
    that's so shady.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    This guy has been spamming our site, stealing user accounts, and forced us into removing invites for now. If anyone has ideas on this, perhaps from prior experiences on your own sites, I would definitely hear you out as this has become quite a problem. Also, sorry for the inconvenience of anyone trying to become a member but I am sure you all understand.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    All I have to say is Cheeky has issues. Real control freak.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    This guy has been spamming our site, stealing user accounts, and forced us into removing invites for now. If anyone has ideas on this, perhaps from prior experiences on your own sites, I would definitely hear you out as this has become quite a problem. Also, sorry for the inconvenience of anyone trying to become a member but I am sure you all understand.
    Now I know why my 3 unused invites were gone. That guy should be send to a mental hospital.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykon1969 View Post
    All I have to say is Cheeky has issues. Real control freak.
    I couldn't have agreed more, he wants a magic monopoly or something

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    cata2008's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post
    Now I know why my 3 unused invites were gone. That guy should be send to a mental hospital.
    +1...hospital is a great ideea and btw i like very much the MagicianTorrents is a cool tracker

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I find it hard to believe that so many torrenters are into magic tricks to warrant so many magic related trackers. I don't know anything in real life that is into this stuff, maybe juggling but not magic tricks.. I don't mean to insult you guys, it's just surprising.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    NPAX1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    I find it hard to believe that so many torrenters are into magic tricks to warrant so many magic related trackers. I don't know anything in real life that is into this stuff, maybe juggling but not magic tricks.. I don't mean to insult you guys, it's just surprising.
    I feel the same way everytime I meet someone obsessed with anime/japan.

Anyway, that is a pretty immature kiddie thing for a tracker admin to do to another tracker.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast