Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Why Do People Act Pompous When It Comes To Invitations

Quote Originally Posted by Halliwell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckater View Post
    I also think people think once they got a level 4 tracker they should get a level 5 one and so on till they have a tracker at every different level.
    In which case I need trackers at the following levels where I do not have one yet 4, 5, 6 , 7, 10 so hopefully some one can help
    Joking on needing any more trackers btw, but that what some people requesting invites seem to be doing
    Spoiler: Show

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...98#post2908250

page 98 (last page) post #975

general site with a lot of MMA sport

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Halliwell View Post

Spoiler: Show

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...98#post2908250

page 98 (last page) post #975

general site with a lot of MMA sport
    Thanks alot mate Hope you don't me joining duck

3. BitTorrent   -   #63
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    The security matters.

Why would I invite you to FTN if I don't even know you? To get a ban then when you cheat? No, Thanks.

4. BitTorrent   -   #64
    People act like they are so l33t when it comes to private torrent sites and .....
    shame on them.... like other guy said.. they are just invites.. Gees.

Do you honestly think you can just walk in and get an invite to a "high level site"
    Well In my case, I should say I have been lucky and more than so on numerous occasions to get into such sites, I would first say well it was mostly because of the way I approached a certain individual and how presented myself, funny How sometimes when I approach some members, I then learn t that they were mods on that site I was inquiring about, I have loads of high level trackers memberships (way before I was aware of this whole level system) f**r, indie, mo***, etc ) some times I ponder wow!!! that was easy.

Am I content/satisfied?
    Yes! I am, is just that most ppl or newbies dont not know the true contents of these sites.... they all basically have the shame stuff, but some how the site has be spoken of to have some more stash or exclusivity which is rarely the case, sure some will differ than others... a person should try and answer the first basic question - what I am after from this site's contents...?

The real question is: why are some users so presumptuous to think they belong in every tracker? After all it is mostly greed
    Very true but at the same time, you seem to forget we live in a media centric society, we tend sometimes (sometimes) to be jolted and fueled by the current trend of things.

Can't you help but notice this trend -- "EVERYBODY WANTS IT, SO I WANT ONE AS WELL and I MUST HAVE" in regards to one's hunger for such a site, that is always seems to be a topic starter and is generated over and over again...

Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
    A good logical approach, but doesn't favor the torrent community at this time any more, why I say so... any thing Torrent related in head line news, sure its nice to have any community grow in size, but one must be weary of such an inflow, to protect themselves.. or otherwise.

semi of topic
    I remember when I first registered which oink, I found it by accident and eventually my account was disabled for inactivity, then the next I wanted back in, they had implemented the irc signup method of one-one questions, in which other sites at the
    time also started to used.. then my account on oink was again disabled for inactivity, was never really into torrents back then mostly 'cos I didn't have a computer of my own...

Anyways to cut the story short, by the time I had my own personal comp and ready to RAPE the net, the invite systems was starting to be the trend, well I did the normal thing which was to search for one and wasn't to long before I had an invite - Whooo lah!!

Ok.. some of you may shoot me here, but what is wrong with Simply by ASKING?
    I did, and I received.

If some one asked me, I would give, which all comes back to the line "treat people the way you would like to be treated".

to be real, one can only go so far when you either ridicule the person with little knowledge of the system (newbies) or always want something In return, there should be joy in giving - just not on a random erratic behavioral level.

5. BitTorrent   -   #65
    KaySterling's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by F.B.I View Post
    The security matters.

Why would I invite you to FTN if I don't even know you? To get a ban then when you cheat? No, Thanks.
    Yeah man, that is very true. That goes to every tracker i am a part of which aint that many but private and good.
    I hold on to my invites extremely tight, i have even turned down friends whom wanted invites.

It is very hard to trust people these days, they can seem like a OK guy at first, kiss your ass a bit you know.
    But to often after some time you get that PM from staff that your inviteé have a lousy ratio, cheating, acting irresponsible,
    trading-whatever and your in the crapper.

Not that it have happened to me the restrictive person i am but i hear these things all the time.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567