Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hosts File

i once had a big hosts file and my internet browsing slowed like a mo fo so i scrapped it and just use kerio firewall with web filtering on

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    i use norton security which it pretty bad ass for block pop ups and crap, But some site do get throught so the is a way to make sure.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Shad0w Hacker I see you found what you were looking for, thats what I love about this forum.
    Anyway I also use edexter, a nice little addon.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Originally posted by REALITY@20 August 2003 - 09:23
    Shad0w Hacker I see you found what you were looking for, thats what I love about this forum.
    Anyway I also use edexter, a nice little addon.
    You want to know something funny. I just downloaded edexter (great program) and after i came here and looked at this post.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    so all i have to do is copy and paste one of these hosts lists in C:/Windows/hosts file and it will block all these add banner's IP's?!?!?!
    uh,,,, that would be cool!

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Out of The Ordinary
    Correct

BOT

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Theres a program that comes with it that you add the web sites.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    go to stehen martin's website.

http://www.accs-net.com/hosts/get_hosts.html

edexter is the program, the best in the world, add it to your start up and blocks all ads by replacing them with a transparent image.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by cyberdman@20 August 2003 - 06:32
    So...... Where can we get you elusive Hosts file DarkBlizzard?
    Its not " exclusive "...I just havent updated my lil hosts file site in a while...I'll update it soon..

i once had a big hosts file and my internet browsing slowed like a mo fo so i scrapped it and just use kerio firewall with web filtering on
    I have thousands of sites in my hosts file list and my internet is still faster than 90% of the people in the world...must just be your type of computer or ISP.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Originally posted by DarkBlizzard+20 August 2003 - 21:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DarkBlizzard &#064; 20 August 2003 - 21:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cyberdman@20 August 2003 - 06:32
    So...... Where can we get you elusive Hosts file DarkBlizzard?
    Its not " exclusive "...I just havent updated my lil hosts file site in a while...I&#39;ll update it soon..

I have thousands of sites in my hosts file list and my internet is still faster than 90% of the people in the world...must just be your type of computer or ISP. [/b][/quote]
    I didn&#39;t say "exclusive" I said elusive... you know as in "hard to find". Thanks anyway, I&#39;ll look for it later.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast