Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hosting.ie poor upload speeds !!!!!!

peugeottech's Avatar Poster

Question Mark

Ok i have got a dedicated server from hosting.ie
    specs

Intel Core2 Duo 2x1,8
    2x320 GB of HDD disk ( set in RAID 0 )
    2 GB of RAM
    Traffic-Unlimited (guaranteed)
    1Gbit Switch Port
    linux ubuntu 64 bit

now a big thanks to NG on here for setting it up for me he is a great lad
    we couldnt get utorrent to work so went for ktorrent. The problem i have is my upload speeds now down they are great i have hit 36 MB/s but when uploading at the same time the speeds dont go over 1 MB/s even when i have fully downloaded the file
    i downloaded i blueray movie and was the 2nd seed on it and i was connected to 26 seeds out of 30 but my upload speeds would not go over 1 MB/s now being an uploader its going to be hard work
    now before i was on a windows setup with this server and was uploading at 4 MB/s on a big game and i had alot of seedboxes on me it just didnt want to go up anymore
    any insight in to this would be great as im still new to linux
    thanks

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    erax's Avatar & No God But Allah & BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    did you check ktorrent Settings !

use google to setup what you need , but by surfing the web and irc you can get what you need

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    i did check all the settings and they all seem good i have been looking around and looks like others have been having the same problem on the 1gig box ( windows or linux with RAID 0 or without )
    my downspeeds are great but up speeds crap
    if i upload a game ect on a site and get a few 100 meg boxes jump on me i cannot get over about 4 MB/s
    so either the box aint good or i just dont know what im doing

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    erax's Avatar & No God But Allah & BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    could you ask the lady to setup Flux or utorrent

you have two options and try them
    Last edited by erax; 01-30-2009 at 02:10 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    i did try utorrent on this box the first time i had it on linux i think hosting.ie must just cap the upspeed their end thats how it feels anyway
    i have done what i can and i just dont know where to turn next

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    sounds like a dodgy wine install check the version of wine since you are with 64 bit ubuntu i think it installs

the wine 1.1.1

upgrade your wine to 1.1.7
    Last edited by solaris; 01-30-2009 at 03:34 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    i had Wine many probs with Cent 4.4 , even it had taken 1 hour from the Cent's support team to fix all the Bugs in my server

Cent 4 was a crap even the fonts of utorrent can't be shown when y use any GPU , but by surfing google i had fixed it
    it's a amazing when you fix your owen probs and take a step by step to learn Linux family

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    i have tryed other clients k torrent ect and the upspeeds still suck so i think hosting.ie must just cap your upload speeds it must be that as i have tryed windows without RAID and now linux with RAID and still have the same speeds i so wish i didnt get this now

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    sounds strange

I have 2 boxes from them and one of them gives me about 22MB up if I push it to top

and other one 18-20 MB both on gbit channel

Did you ask them to check your server ?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    yes i did but they dont seem that intrested maybe coz i only have support level 1 ?
    i dont mind paying them to get this sorted out as i had a kim 100 meg box and got better speeds with that one
    the downspeeds are good but the up sucks
    do you still have a 1 gig line with them now?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast