Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Paying to get into trackers?

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Ok why does every thread i make turn into about me and my tracker lol

Its a general question i am asking, I will not do it, I dont want to know how to keep an eye on it, I do not want to know how to go about it on my tracker, as it will "probably" never happen lol

This happens with every single thread i do on here, and then ppl say i only talk about BCG when its not even me that starts it most of the time lol

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    cibu's Avatar I gots me a seedbox BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    i was speaking in general
    i wasn't refering to you
    Last edited by cibu; 02-10-2009 at 12:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick.Ross @http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR2F9Km5d0w
    I’mma tell you something and don’t think that I’m weird/I eat leftover food that gets stuck in my beard

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well i wasnt even replying to you it was to lovestoned.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    cibu's Avatar I gots me a seedbox BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    oh my bad then
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick.Ross @http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR2F9Km5d0w
    I’mma tell you something and don’t think that I’m weird/I eat leftover food that gets stuck in my beard

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Woops, sorry.

I would do it, it's a great way to donate to the tracker you think you will definitely use.
    Back after going through many ordeals of paying for my internet.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I have a very simple and maybe harsh look on all this.
    I see people mentioning here that selling invites should be allowed if donations aren't met .
    I believe when donation-goals aren't met, and the owner/staffers have no funds or the intention to support the tracker themselves they should shut it down.

Why would any tracker-owner/sysop want to continue a tracker that they can't afford, and that it's members don't value that much that they would donate for it. I can't think of any reason not to shut it down than.

I've ssen this so many times ... people starting new trackers and the first and most important thing is all about donations to keep the tracker afloat. Imo if you can afford to keep a tracker in the air than shut it down.

Selling access to trackers takes away every moral authority a tracker could have when claiming they don't want trading. Because selling invites means that the tracker itself is trading invites for money ... every reason to be against trading just disappears than, because selling the invites involves the same risks trading does.
    Can you feel the LOVE

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Ok but this is not about selling invites, i do agree with your point on that, but it has nothing really to do with the thread lol

But what about a well established tracker (3+ years old), pick any, where the memberbase drops off because they are closed, recession hits (which it has) donations dries up, owner looses job blah blah blah, should they still just close, or try something different, like what the thread is about for an example.

and i am going to have to reinstate here, incase anyone hasnt got it yet, that is not BCG i am talking about, just a general question about a general tracker that may happen in the future.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    those that do pay to get in, will or i would say will be a 95% chance to be a good member, you are not going to pay and then trade the account, you may pay £5 and then sell the account for £20 though i suppose. You are very unlikely to cheat if you have paid to get in.
    Now for arguments sake lets assume 5 Pounds is not that big a amount ..
    I give 5 Pounds then i trade the account because i knw i can get back into the tracker whenever i want just by paying up .. This way the tracker gets more Trade value while maintaing its Level value .. Take for Eg ScT ..
    They do not give out invites but u can buy them .. hence u knw that u can always trade invites at anytime just by paying up .. Also u can get back into the site by just offering to pay from ur friends account .. This will pose a security threat no matter which way u look at it ..
    By making a site accessible through money u r making a site accessible to whoever who has some spare cash and allowing them to do watever they want to do with that account ..
    Last edited by apextwin146; 02-10-2009 at 12:59 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Last edited by MaNiJaK; 05-31-2009 at 08:01 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    BlackKnight's Avatar In the wake of Gods BT Rep: +1
    I was in this situation when I considered very hard about BTMusic. And it's 20 Euro, not just 5, but I still wanted to pay to get access. But I changed my mind because I knew I could get invite from BTMusic members too.

So I think if trackers really need money and allow people to get in their trackers by paying money, it may work better if those trackers close the invite system permanently.

I've donated in about ten trackers, some for invites, some because I just love the trackers. I have no problems with that kind of things.

But I know that trackers that allow people to get in will be hated by a lot of people. Many members will talk about those trackers with the tag "pay to get in," or "pay to get access." Sometimes, I just feel very annoyed about those kind of bad comments about P2L trackers. I support trackers about the money because they can't have server for free. I remember when ScL changed their donate system and members who donated 40 pounds could get 15GB, and some ScL members were whining and shouting at staff that it was unfair, that ScL became very bad because they allowed P2L. I was very angry but those attitudes and I thought why the f*** they were so serious about 15GB only.

The thing is almost trackers need money from members and they ask members in many ways, and pay to get access or pay to leech are just two kinds of it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast