View Poll Results: Should anti-traders be banned from trading?

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, anti-traders should be banned they have nothing to lose

76 41.30%
  • No, they should be able to track all trades and report to their admin friends

108 58.70%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Should anti-traders be banned?

Shafter's Avatar Account Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Serb View Post
    hey sexy Magician
    I'm only wearing my magic hat.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    BANNED BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Serb View Post
    hey sexy Magician
    I'm only wearing my magic hat.
    can I be the bunny in your hat?

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Submission View Post

As such I believe they should be banned only from the trade section. They are a security and privacy threat to people in these forums.
    That's a joke, right. Someone saying that people who are against trading invitations to private trackers should be banned because they risk the security and privacy of the people trading those invites.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    MODERATION BT Rep: +2
    if you trade, you deserve to get fucked and reported to trackers.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    neither anti traders or traders should be banned. its not like i have anything to trade because im new to the website, but if i do acquire valuable trackers i wouldnt trade them. traders put their own accounts at risk though, so if they want to take that risk let them. they shouldnt be banned for taking risks

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    furthermore I would like to hear why no one talks about public giveaways and the threats to trackers and users they make.
    that has been said and talked about bunch of times but incase you missed...

the general view is that account/invite selling is the most risky, then account trading (account giveaway is considered account trading btw) next is invite trading, and then only invite giveaway.

that is why all sites actually hunt down invite sellers. I remember they had a message along the line "if you bought an invite please report to staff...you will be unharmed but if we find you then you'll be banned" at sites like FTN or even demonoid. Likewise, some sites don't care much about invite giveaway but when there is an account giveaway staffers are on mission!

if [account/invite] selling and trading were to be completely eradicated (one would wish) then the chances are invite giveaway would likey be the top taboo in filesharing, for comperatively more sites at least.

But heak, as long as people are selling and trading tracker as commodities, staffers aren't gonna waste time on some invite giveaway...they've better things to do.

edit: And of course you have sites like demonoid where most join b/c some random guy over a random forum pasted a random invite code and you did a random search with a random engine and randomly found the random place...that's how i got into demonoid lulz...and as a notion of sharing i (and some other random filesharers) randomly paste random invite codes over random forum so that when some random guy does a random search with a random engine and randomly finds the random board he might randomly be hooked with random invite code that i randomly created
    Last edited by squirr3l; 03-02-2009 at 01:23 AM. Reason: random edit

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    furthermore I would like to hear why no one talks about public giveaways and the threats to trackers and users they make.
    that has been said and talked about bunch of times but incase you missed...
    obviously I missed, and being here for quite a while Im kind of surprised I did, since I have asked this question a few times and you have been the first to even acknowledge the question and give a general rebuttal.

but, in my book... its the same exact thing... except for the 'traders are scum' mentality that makes people target them.
    Go Leafs Go.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    [QUOTE=squirr3l;3151069]

if [account/invite] selling and trading were to be completely eradicated (one would wish) then the chances are invite giveaway would likey be the top taboo in filesharing, for cooperatively more sites at least.
    exactly, traders and invites keep each other in check. since its impossible to get rid of traders, just dont associate with them if you dont like them.
    Last edited by ninja92d; 03-02-2009 at 01:22 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    but when you are trading, aren't you a security and a privacy threat to those trackers? why shouldn't users who worry about their privacy (as being members of such trackers) not care about such trades?

I would really like to see a interesting response to this.
    i also agree that nothing good comes from those giveaways, and FST is such an example. more often than not you see people complaining they invite cheaters etc etc.
    i just think that right now, that's not the priority. the priority is account trading. when/if that stops being an issue, then we all are pretty sure there will be a crackdown on those giveaways.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    i just think that right now, that's not the priority. the priority is account trading. when/if that stops being an issue, then we all are pretty sure there will be a crackdown on those giveaways.
    which begs the question, why are trades the priority? there are more giveaways by volume than trades.

just throwing that out there
    Go Leafs Go.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast