Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Astraweb upgrades retention to 365 days

Poster
    retention capacity upgrade to 365 days

astraweb is pleased to announce that we have just completed an infrastructure upgrade to increase our retention storage to 365 days.

Currently our server storage capacity stands at 365 days.

Our retention is currently growing daily towards 365 days. The latest retention statistics as well as our retention capacity is available at:

http://www.news.astraweb.com/tools/stats.html

our retention growth is for all groups. Our retention growth also includes headers, unlike many other services that do not include headers as part of their retention growth.

Astraweb is committed to providing the best value service!

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    W. O. W.

let the games begin.
    An Excerpt from: A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
    by John Perry Barlow
    Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather [...] I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us.
    Read more here

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    dutchmaster420's Avatar God's Son
    giganews has to lower their price to compete...the " best premium service" line giganews gives isnt going to work much longer
    Last edited by dutchmaster420; 03-15-2009 at 08:56 AM.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    That line hasn't been true for many months now. Giganews needs to decrease their monthly prices to half of what of they charge now for Platinum accounts to even compete with Astraweb.

Seriously, there is absolutely no reason to use Giganews at this point. You're just throwing money away subscribing to them.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    seh's Avatar ______________ BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    love it..

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    mata7's Avatar I Love Lindsay
    incredible this guys are doing a really great job

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Giganews has also announced 365 days. I do not know if before or after this but I am staying put on Astra. Giganews lower your prices.
    Life in the fast lane usenet freak

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    222MHz's Avatar Poster
    Astraweb is where it's at.. glad to be with them.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    dutchmaster420's Avatar God's Son
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    That line hasn't been true for many months now. Giganews needs to decrease their monthly prices to half of what of they charge now for Platinum accounts to even compete with Astraweb.

Seriously, there is absolutely no reason to use Giganews at this point. You're just throwing money away subscribing to them.

yea but theres still people out there who think b.c. giganews is 2-3 times as much as astra it must be better..."you get what you pay for"...which is crazy, ive used both and theres no diff between the 2 both just as stable and both maxed my speeds

also for those using astraweb they changed their server addresses...its on the news page check it out

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchmaster420 View Post
    yea but theres still people out there who think b.c. giganews is 2-3 times as much as astra it must be better..."you get what you pay for"...which is crazy,
    I just laugh when I read people type this. It's ignorance really. I've also used Giganews, and I see absolutely no difference between theirs and Astrawebs service. So in this case, this " you get what you pay for" excuse has me baffled. Considering you can get the same quality of service and more than half the price less.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast