Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: F*N Users can you answer me a simple question?

n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellar View Post
    n00bz0r, thanks for answering my question so quickly. An FTN user told me it was a whole new torrent client, so that's why I asked.
    lol a whole new torrent client?

2. BitTorrent   -   #72
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Yeah I thought it was terribly strange that they would make a whole knew client.
    I said "wut?"

3. BitTorrent   -   #73
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Well, I'm not a member of GFT, so I can't compare the two. But I do like it a lot more than FTN. There's a lot of great content on the site.

4. BitTorrent   -   #74
    Poster
    Yeah I thought it was terribly strange that they would make a whole knew client.
    I said "wut?"
    i think he just got confused, its just a different way of getting the torrent files delivered to the torrent client (via VPN) or so it seems by looking at what has been said.

5. BitTorrent   -   #75
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Well, I'm not a member of GFT, so I can't compare the two. But I do like it a lot more than FTN. There's a lot of great content on the site.
    Thanks for the Pretome recommendation, btw. I just joined and it's looking really good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by unknownman View Post
    i think he just got confused, its just a different way of getting the torrent files delivered to the torrent client (via VPN) or so it seems by looking at what has been said.
    That's probably what happened. It would've confused me too had it not been elaborated on a bit here.

6. BitTorrent   -   #76
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Different way of interpreting things. Someone techy would have gotten it, others might have got it mixed up (torrents=music/movies/packs for not so tech savvy people). Which points to a fact, it is great to have diversity in terms of the userbase on trackers to make things interesting in aspects associated to a tracker other than the browse page.
    Anyway, the announcement was later elaborated upon and discussed on the forums and IRC. It helps if you idle at a few places that dont give you IRC Idling Bonus

7. BitTorrent   -   #77
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I said "wut?"
    As Brandon said in IRC, its much more than a torrent client. It will eliminate the need of a website for torrent downloading. You can use the software to do all your torrenting. He didn't give out a lot of info though, because he just started working on it (i.e. about 5 days ago).

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon
    An application can do a lot more than a website can
    Edit: FTN Torrent Downloader (of which a testing version has been released) is a totally different piece of software. I am talking about something different here.
    Last edited by redMonster; 05-15-2009 at 04:43 AM.
    Click here if you want to join TTC

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678