Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hoi, donkeypacker

Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    After I joined this site from open signups it took me about 2 minutes to figure out how to login again
    true. It has the greatest fake login page EVER.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyPacker View Post
    We don't want to be a small tracker at all. We realized that we were recruiting much too few members and at the rate we were going we might not make it, so we opened signup. We now have almost 5000 members and will continue to grow as much as possible with external invite applications and the like. Our aim is not to be a community tracker, in the beginning we wanted to try to weed out bad members the best we could as being a no ratio tracker requires more dedicated users but that was not possible so we have taken a different approach.

The purpose of PackMe.IN is to be an all packs, not to host other content. We feel this fills a certain niche because if we grow large enough we could end up having a large archive of great stuff readily available. A problem at a lot of sites is packs dying, making old or rare ones hard to find which is why a tracker which only provides packs could have its peers fully focused on keeping them alive.

I am always looking for suggestions to increase activity, our userbase, etc so if you have any I would very much like them. We will however not be closing down the site anytime soon.
    I think you guys will be fine just so long as you don't recruit seasoned torrenters.They are notorious hit and runners,packs to them mean buffering.Just look at those who have responded in the negative on this thread as a case study.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by sez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyPacker View Post
    We don't want to be a small tracker at all. We realized that we were recruiting much too few members and at the rate we were going we might not make it, so we opened signup. We now have almost 5000 members and will continue to grow as much as possible with external invite applications and the like. Our aim is not to be a community tracker, in the beginning we wanted to try to weed out bad members the best we could as being a no ratio tracker requires more dedicated users but that was not possible so we have taken a different approach.

The purpose of PackMe.IN is to be an all packs, not to host other content. We feel this fills a certain niche because if we grow large enough we could end up having a large archive of great stuff readily available. A problem at a lot of sites is packs dying, making old or rare ones hard to find which is why a tracker which only provides packs could have its peers fully focused on keeping them alive.

I am always looking for suggestions to increase activity, our userbase, etc so if you have any I would very much like them. We will however not be closing down the site anytime soon.
    I think you guys will be fine just so long as you don't recruit seasoned torrenters.They are notorious hit and runners,packs to them mean buffering.Just look at those who have responded in the negative on this thread as a case study.
    QFT

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    actually I'd say casual torrenters are the ones that stop their torrents as soon as they complete.
    Last edited by TrueSounds; 09-29-2009 at 06:33 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Zip's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    After I joined this site from open signups it took me about 2 minutes to figure out how to login again
    true. It has the greatest fake login page EVER.
    Because of your statement I had to check it out, and it's truly the best one I've ever seen.

Login problems may arise if you're drunk though.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bz0r View Post
    QFT
    What's QFT? And yes, I tried google, but it gave me way too many explanations.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    google is starting to suck now, especially google images. /rant

check urbandictionary for abbreviations. it even works for some high level btt trackers

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Zip's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueSounds View Post
    check urbandictionary for abbreviations. it even works for some high level btt trackers
    Good to know.

Thanks for the suggestion. Site bookmarked.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueSounds View Post
    Good to know.

Thanks for the suggestion. Site bookmarked.
    Why is it good to know ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123