Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the proper thing to do when you no longer wish to belong to a site anymore?

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I want to get rid of most of my trackers and I was wondering do the staff prefer you ask to be disabled or does it matter and I should just not log in and be deleted for inactivity?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    sake's Avatar V12 BiTurbo BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I had just the same problem with some of my accounts. Everybody told me just to leave them (not to log in) for about 30-45 days. It depends on the tracker - you know that. So, this is my advice

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I personally go the not log in method, but I am sure some trackers will respect your ecision if you let them know and they can then delete the account
    Depending on the site at what level in the staff structure they allow member deletion but I would prob start with admin level
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Yoann64's Avatar El Niņo Fan
    If you can't use delacct.php, and you ask staff to be disabled ...they often reply : Let it die !
    And you can find the solution in the FAQ sometimes:
    Send a pm to a staff member and tell him why you dont want your account.
    Last edited by Yoann64; 10-04-2009 at 08:52 PM.
    Bienvenida Mamacita - I'm in ruta Babylon - Bienvenida La Juana - Tequila, sexo, marihuana. (M.Chao)

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I would say let it die. Just in case 3-4 weeks go by and you regret it. If 100% sure that there is no way in hell you are ever going back somewhere, then maybe use delacct.php or ask to be deleted.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    LubTheStaringCat's Avatar I'm curious BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    I would just let the accounts you want to get rid of die and be deleted for inactivity.
    It's the easiest way

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Just add /delacct.php

to the url of the tracker you wanna try to get rid of... i.e. http://tl.com/delacct.php

some of them may use the script and allow you to delete the acct

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    I would say let it die. Just in case 3-4 weeks go by and you regret it. If 100% sure that there is no way in hell you are ever going back somewhere, then maybe use delacct.php or ask to be deleted.
    I'm sure that is the wisest advice. I'm suffering from a general depression and maybe this is just another manifestation of it.
    I just don't seem to have much luck fitting in anywhere.Thought maybe I would just forget it all and stick to being an anonymous member of lesser places.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    I'm sure that is the wisest advice. I'm suffering from a general depression and maybe this is just another manifestation of it.
    I just don't seem to have much luck fitting in anywhere.Thought maybe I would just forget it all and stick to being an anonymous member of lesser places.
    Does this mean I can stop browsing site waiting for a pm then
    Also if accounts are disabled they not usually pruned and if in the future you are in a situation you want to rejoin some of those sites you may not be able to very easy
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I've been going through similar thoughts lately. One I thought about dropping one due to a bad policy, but some of the others I just do not have a connection with- and it isn't because they are bad sites. Some are quite good.

Is this something like when older people who have raised their children and find their needs reduced sell everything and buy a RV?

Or have some of us just grown tired of external events? Are large numbers of us leaving accounts and not opening new ones? Is this a sign of change in the community?

Really curious about this. Is this a normal phase that individuals go through or part of a decline in the community? If so, what would a mass change in user behavior mean to the larger BT "world"?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast