Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Do Ya Do For A Living?

I'm a pet groomer! I like my job! Although when and if my dad hits the lotto cause he plays every darn day!! I plan on getting the heck away from the puppies!
    Until then I get kisses at work everyday..

2. Lounge   -   #22
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    I do landscaping for about 8 or 9 months of the year, in the off season, I do some web page design and editing. I also do bookkeeping for a few small companies.

Yeah... it's true... I use chainsaws, and backhoes, and tractors... wouldn't think it would ya?

3. Lounge   -   #23
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Whew !  I'm sure glad you didn't say you were a proofreader, Adster
    wouldn't taht be ironic

4. Lounge   -   #24
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Originally posted by NikkiD@9 October 2003 - 03:48

Yeah... it's true... I use chainsaws, and backhoes, and tractors... wouldn't think it would ya?
    Phwroaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

@Fc.........What you say about my bum??

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes+9 October 2003 - 03:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 9 October 2003 - 03:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-protak@9 October 2003 - 04:17
    I am the owner of a small construction company, and part owner-vendor of a small jewellery (diamond) outfit. I work hard most of the time..hahah...Like Hobbes say&#39;s retirement is only a couple of decades away I also have training in cnc mill and lathe, and autocad and cadkey.(something to fall back on if necessary). My next goal is a pilot&#39;s licence,(personal aircraft) or win the lottery. This work thing is highly over-rated..but I enjoy my job..sometimes
    Yah, sometimes, Lol&#33;

I am never unhappy at work, I would just love to go to sleep anxious about what I can achieve the next day. The lucky people are those that entwine their passion with an economically rewarding career. [/b][/quote]
    I hear ya Hobbes... I&#39;m never really unhappy at work, but those ocassional day&#39;s that ya just don&#39;t feel like being there, can be pretty hard. I work almost exclusively in the construction industry, building, design, contracts etc... and when ya get those customer&#39;s, that, are&#39;nt pleased with themselves, nevermind life in general, it can make for a long day.lol

6. Lounge   -   #26
    I am a salesman. I think I fall into the "get paid to do nothing at all and hate it category". Being an outside salesmen is actually a lot of fun but its been a tough couple of years and I am not really thrilled with what I sell or the company I work for.

For the past 10-12 months I have been on a job hunt with no luck. Lots of interviews and second interviews and third interviews. The offers haven&#39;t exactly been rolling in but I am just going to keep plugging away at it. Something has to break sooner or later.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    <----UPS man B)

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I&#39;m a telephone systems technician for Verizon. I climb telephone poles, run cable, install and test DS1 AND DS3 (T1 and T3 lines), DSL, DID&#39;s, foreign exchnage lines, and of course pots lines. I&#39;ve been there for about 12 years.
    I work in the Washington DC and the job is great. Lots of adventure (you meet alot of fine women). You get to see the whole city; inside the capitol, all the museums, buildings under construction, rundown projects in the hood, and the average law firm.
    The other day I had to install an ISDN line for the CIA. They had just one room in this government building. The door had a combination built-in lock on the door knob and a weird lock above it that looked like the lock on safe. She turned THAT thing about 20 times back and forth before the door would open.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Lounge   -   #29
    internet.news
    I am a student as well and searching since some months for a small job
    in my free time but could not find any yet...

...I really got sad, but you have to tell people that you
    want to help them for some small amount of money, otherwise
    they would not know.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    Student, but my summer job was telephone monkey - not the bad kind, the kind that phones you up and asks if you want to still be on the 10 year old spam list
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast