Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Racist Comments

uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?...pic=74891&st=0

Why isn't this kind of thing covered in the forum rules?
    Why wasn't something done about the flamer?

Please do something about this before it happens again.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    i've complained about racism numerous times, it seems to be taken rather lightly though...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    It was covered in the rules, we recently did an update to them and it was missed in the newest version. I&#39;ll bring it up in team chat.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Racism should never be taken lightly.

Thankyou NikkiD. ^_^

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    It isnt taken lightly, and more happens than members realise, behind the scenes...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@18 October 2003 - 23:19
    It isnt taken lightly, and more happens than members realise, behind the scenes...
    things may go on &#39;behind the scenes&#39; however, if they have no effect to what the normal members see, are they worth doing?

i&#39;ve complained a few times in the past (though due to my deleting frenzy as amphoteric88, i can&#39;t find them now) and seemingly nothing was done
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Ex-member
    Believe me, things get done. Anyone in Soulseek&#39;s KLF MusicWorld last night will tell you

edit: or tonight, for that matter

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Well, thats all very well and good for Soulseek&#39;s KLF MusicWorld...

Going by your above statement Lamsey, I get the impression that some mods may be spreading themselves a bit thin.

No disrespect intended, but while the aformentioned flaming was happening, there wasn&#39;t a single mod to be seen anywhere.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by Justsomeguy@18 October 2003 - 23:54

Going by your above statement Lamsey, I get the impression that some mods may be spreading themselves a bit thin.

No disrespect intended, but while the aformentioned flaming was happening, there wasn&#39;t a single mod to be seen anywhere.
    We can&#39;t be everywhere at every time. We have to watch a lot of people and don&#39;t always have a lot of time to dedicate to that.

You&#39;d be amazed at the amount we do clean up - our philosophy is to moderate the board silently - if we&#39;re doing our job right, you shouldn&#39;t even notice we&#39;re here.

Soulseek is a good example - I was stopping a potential flamewar before it reached the board.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Originally posted by Lamsey+19 October 2003 - 09:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey &#064; 19 October 2003 - 09:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Justsomeguy@18 October 2003 - 23:54

We can&#39;t be everywhere at every time. We have to watch a lot of people and don&#39;t always have a lot of time to dedicate to that.

You&#39;d be amazed at the amount we do clean up - our philosophy is to moderate the board silently - if we&#39;re doing our job right, you shouldn&#39;t even notice we&#39;re here.

Soulseek is a good example - I was stopping a potential flamewar before it reached the board. [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t expect you guys to be everywhere.. that would be unrealistic and unreasonable.

I&#39;m just saying that things may have been a bit different if there had been just one mod&#39;s name lit up in the online member&#39;s list at the time.

I&#39;m sure that if there had been a mod online, that topic would&#39;nt have gotten out of hand. In my experience, people usually behave better when they know the authorities are about.

But when the cats away...

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast