Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What.cd is spying on Filesharingtalk

Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_oak
    So when What's staff does it, it's an invasion of privacy, but when FST's staff does it it's not
    I wasn't aware Fst banned members for trading via pm.

Quote Originally Posted by hombre
    This is one of the latest tricks
    I know you just copy and pasted everything, backie is the real idiot not you.... but this has been a topic of discussion a while ago. Even on this forum we have anti css leak scripts for Firefox.
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 05-16-2010 at 10:46 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    QPD's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I have nothing to hide! let them come and check!
    Too often, we loose sight of life's simple pleasures.Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother!%$@%# upside the head!

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    LubTheStaringCat's Avatar I'm curious BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Do you think they'll spy on this thread?

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    This is one of the latest tricks. Basically what they do is set up a page which can’t be viewed by browser which is full of links the css checks to see if those links have been visited before if so it uses the content css tag to log your ip and which page you’ve viewed. Example of urls checked:

filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-trades-158/t-have-and-need-404169
    filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-trades-158/t-have-scc-whatcd-and-hdcorea-406264
    filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-trades-158/t-have-whatcd-invite-404989
    filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-trades-158/t-i-have-397931
    filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-trades-158/t-need-whatcd-409732
    filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-trades-158/t-need-whatcd-invite-404800
    filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-trades-158/t-whatcd-409821
    filesharingtalk.com/vb3/http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=3265225
    filesharingtalk.com/vb3/http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=3422154
    filesharingtalk.com/vb3/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=158
    filesharingtalk.com/vb3/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=2452085
    filesharingtalk.com/vb3/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=2452962
    filesharingtalk.com/vb3/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=2454090
    filesharingtalk.com/vb3/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=2456112
    filesharingtalk.com/vb3/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=2456287
    filesharingtalk.com/vb3/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=2456441
    filesharingtalk.com/vb3/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=2456682
    filesharingtalk.com/vb3/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=2456686
    filesharingtalk.com/vb3/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=2456986
    filesharingtalk.com/vb3/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=2456988
    filesharingtalk.com/vb3/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=2461556

filesharingtalk.com/vb3/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=2461897

See the PM ids ? Admins here can easily trace who are their hunters, as they are checking who read the messages they sent.

Can sites do this to your privacy and still you support them? this is madness nad the defeat of all ur privacy.
    well..good morning

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    ExtraDry's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Who cares if sites check these threads out their only trying to get rid of the dead wood from their sites can't blame them for that.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    So when What's staff does it, it's an invasion of privacy, but when FST's staff does it it's not
    trying to defend one site by trying to attack the other one - it's a bit weak logic to say at least

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraDry View Post
    Who cares if sites check these threads out their only trying to get rid of the dead wood from their sites can't blame them for that.
    the end justifies the means? my wild guess is that cheaters use the same logic
    Last edited by kukushka; 05-17-2010 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    :yawn:

I really should put Hombre on ignore. Can anyone help me find the list, I seem to have forgotten where it is.
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    It is kinda scary because like someone else said, viewing trade threads dont mean you trade. That being said, I have viewed a bunch of trade threads and I havent been banned at what.cd (thankfully).

What is one of the few trackers it would really suck to lose (for me at least).
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kukushka View Post
    trying to defend one site by trying to attack the other one - it's a bit weak logic to say at least
    Wasn't really meant to attack either What or FST, more the stupidity of the double standard that when someone's invading your privacy by using their staff powers to read PMs (whatever the purpose), it's ok since it's benefiting you rather than getting you banned.

If you're going to knowingly break the rules, might as well step up rather than crying about their methods to catch you in the act.

Quote Originally Posted by That1Guy View Post
    It is kinda scary because like someone else said, viewing trade threads dont mean you trade. That being said, I have viewed a bunch of trade threads and I havent been banned at what.cd (thankfully).

What is one of the few trackers it would really suck to lose (for me at least).
    I'm fairly certain they'd cross-reference it with other evidence like IP switches, or the CSS hits on the PM trade links, etc.
    Last edited by ca_aok; 05-17-2010 at 01:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    Wasn't really meant to attack either What or FST, more the stupidity of the double standard that when someone's invading your privacy by using their staff powers to read PMs (whatever the purpose), it's ok since it's benefiting you rather than getting you banned.
    I don't really see the stupidity in the whole "double standard" you speak of.

Of course people will act negatively when their privacy is breached against their will, ultimately resulting in trouble/losses..
    I'm not sure about anyone else around here , but this seems like a very uncomplex idea to understand?

People react positively when benefiting, where as they act negatively when being harmed.

Personally I hate invasion of privacy, even if you insist it's helping me... The most important thing to me is my privacy.
    You keep your benefits, and I'll keep my no-script and anti-css leak script running....
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 05-17-2010 at 04:23 AM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast