Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: CHDBits open interview!

Instead of blaming them (why should they limit their upstream bandwidth? makes no sense whatsoever), you probably should blame the routing of your provider to overseas locations instead. On quite a lot of new releases on CHD, I have no problem whatsoever to max. out my 100Mbit link.

chd_speed.png

On other, older releases, speeds can be a lot lower, but that depends, too. A few weeks ago, I downloaded a 2 year old full Bluray at max speed, for example. Retention on popular, major releases in particular is very good.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I have spoken with their uploaders. They limit their full BD sources during initial seeding. It is usually 150 KB/s but can change depending on the size of the disk to make sure it takes 3 days

They unlimit it if a another site uploads the same disk at a faster speed.
    Last edited by hotshot6473; 04-05-2011 at 03:52 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Depending on size, their releases pop up on many other trackers usually minutes or hours after they were uploaded there, even if their rules don't allow that on certain exclusive releases. I have never seen any release to take 3 days to pop up somewhere else, and I have never needed that long to download anything there myself, including old releases.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Are you really this dense?

If it hasn't finished seeding on their site it can't be uploaded anywhere else yet(except for HDB because we have one of the uploaders for CHD on the site but even then it doesnt seed any faster than on CHD). Almost every one of their full BD releases takes 3 days to seed to 100% which they do on purpose

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    See above (read and comprehend). Give me an example of a new Bluray that needs 3 days to be finished on CHD. I've been member there for years and this has never happened to me. Not once.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    Well, I just don't see the problem for the simple fact that they actually give users an opportunity to join (while many other 'rare' trackers don't). You may not like their criteria, but nobody forces you to accept them right? Nobody forces you to join the tracker either. It's their tracker, their rules.

CHDBits has over 30,000 users, the tracker is very active and they don't need an influx of new users to 'revive' it, far from it. What they do need / want is seedboxes to help spreading their releases faster. This is an opportunity for those users, or other users who meet the high bandwidth criteria (theoretically, 3.5-4Mbit/s upstream bandwidth is enough to upload 1TB in a month if seeding 24/7 - difficult, but not impossible to achieve without a seedbox, depending on your connection). I can't see what's wrong with that. Should they just keep their doors shut instead?
    Remind me exactly where I said that they shouldn't allow new users .

All I said (more or less ) was that creating an application form asking a lot of questions that have (apparently ) nothing to do with the resulting acceptance or failure seems a little silly. That and ( regardless of their ips speed) forcing people to download a lot of files that they probably have no interest in is pretty asinine .

Also it's idiotic to suggest that just because someone sees fault in something that it's because they are "jealous" that they personally can't fill the criteria .

Anyway I pretty much knew this thread was going to turn into egotist , "I know/I''m better" bullshit as soon as I saw the letters HD in the title .
    That and hotshot was going stop lurking and post to try and again prove his superiority .
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    CHD does seem to get a lot of releases pretty early. I've downloaded a few of their encodes. Seemed good enough.

I don't see the point in going through the whole process to sign up. I guess they could be responding to demand on their affiliated forum. * The requirements after signing up are pretty ridiculous though. It shows an official encouragement of one of the most discouraging trends in BT, i.e. downloading more than you need and seeding more than you should.

* edit: apparently I'm confused between HDChina and CHD. Either way, I feel most of my point stands.

On a related note, requiring users to be a member of several other trackers and have a sufficient amount of torrents in their clients already (although no minimums are set, surely they must judge a user based on their epenis) is a pretty foolish way of attracting users who will use your site for the content.
    Last edited by Monaco; 04-05-2011 at 04:19 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Well, I just don't see the problem for the simple fact that they actually give users an opportunity to join (while many other 'rare' trackers don't). You may not like their criteria, but nobody forces you to accept them right? Nobody forces you to join the tracker either. It's their tracker, their rules.

CHDBits has over 30,000 users, the tracker is very active and they don't need an influx of new users to 'revive' it, far from it. What they do need / want is seedboxes to help spreading their releases faster. This is an opportunity for those users, or other users who meet the high bandwidth criteria (theoretically, 3.5-4Mbit/s upstream bandwidth is enough to upload 1TB in a month if seeding 24/7 - difficult, but not impossible to achieve without a seedbox, depending on your connection). I can't see what's wrong with that. Should they just keep their doors shut instead?
    Remind me exactly where I said that they shouldn't allow new users .

All I said (more or less ) was that creating an application form asking a lot of questions that have (apparently ) nothing to do with the resulting acceptance or failure seems a little silly. That and ( regardless of their ips speed) forcing people to download a lot of files that they probably have no interest in is pretty asinine .

Also it's idiotic to suggest that just because someone sees fault in something that it's because they are "jealous" that they personally can't fill the criteria .

Anyway I pretty much knew this thread was going to turn into egotist , "I know/I''m better" bullshit as soon as I saw the letters HD in the title .
    That and hotshot was going stop lurking and post to try and again prove his superiority .
    When did I mention "jealousy"? Please stop talking out of your arse, you can do better than that.

All I see is a lot of moaning and bitching about an opportunity given to some to join a tracker that usually is closed. Well, go on if that makes you feel better.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    That's actually an argument that makes sense.

Still, seeding HD content over a long period of time is probably an even more demanding criteria than the bandwidth one. Very few users actually do that (-> space necessary), and how are you going to verify that? Just add an user and wait a year to see how he has done?
    For me, but that is personal off course, a brilliant tracker has great content, great speeds and great retention (including great speed, even on old releases).
    Since CHDBits has good speeds on newer files and a great flow of new releases I guess the only thing that prevents them from being a super tracker (this does not equal a hard to get into tracker) is the retention and speeds on older files.

And yes, the new users should be evaluated after 6 months/a year to see if they would meet the seeding requirements ... if not ... they should be banned.
    It would also be a great weapon against traders ... you can't continue seeding files when trading an account, can't you
    Can you feel the LOVE

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

When did I mention "jealousy"? Please stop talking out of your arse, you can do better than that.
    IdolEyes' ass " Where did I say that you did"?
    IdolEyes' ass " I don't see anyone bitching or moaning about the opportunity"
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast