Page 21 of 75 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223243171 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Yes

-oops edit that wasn't exactly literate It's not meant to be compelling, but I promise you you won't be going ffs either (well you are anal, maybe you will) I treated it as a rollercoaster ride and enjoyed it, if you treat it as an engineering acomplishment it will be shit, it was done on a budget (yay!!!!!) it was done in South America (yay!!!!!!) and on a ship(yay!!!!!) you are getting the picture on the budget? yet it is a ripping yarn, so as I said, I kick back, warm up the popcorn and enjoy!!!!!!
    I wasn't talking about the movie,I said Wahlberg himself wasn't that compelling.
    Sure he's workable if you surround him with enough interesting stuff to distract you from his essential blandness but you can't honestly tell me that you watched anything that he's been in and gone"shit I can't see anyone but Marky Mark in that part".
    Sadly in that family Donny got most of the talent and Mark got most of the looks.

Anyway I'm going to try and watch it but be forewarned if I don't like it then I intend to bully you like fuck.
    ...............................................................................................................................................................................................

The Avengers(yeah that one)

Though far from a perfect movie Whedon does what he does best ,bring a sense of true.aw shucks heroism to a whole lot of silly.
    Sam Jackson's Nick Fury gets far too much air time ,actually S.H.I.E.L.D. in general just sort of gets in the way but all the other characters basically work ,both individually and as a team.In fact I thought Chris Evans was far better here than in Captain America and who'd have thunk but mark Ruffalo makes a close to perfect Bruce Banner.

As I said it's basically all very silly but in a good comic book sort of way and the fact that it never takes itself too seriously certainly helps.By the end it had me cheering along with everyone else.
    I look forward to the next installment especially if Whedon directs again.

Echo...........Echo........Echo
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 04-28-2012 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #202
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Sounds cool.

I've just had a second viewing of Thor. I find it pretty entertaining, with some really good casting choices. Most notably for Loki.

It's really a very good conversion of that comic to a movie, which probably makes the fact that I like it extra impressive, seeing as how most things which are primarily about Marvel's Thor are kind of boring. Vikings (miniseries) being an exception, and the movie was nothing like that either.

Currently accidentally zapped into Ghost Rider. I've got a Marvel theme going here.

3. Movies & TV   -   #203
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I wasn't talking about the movie,I said Wahlberg himself wasn't that compelling.
    Sure he's workable if you surround him with enough interesting stuff to distract you from his essential blandness but you can't honestly tell me that you watched anything that he's been in and gone"shit I can't see anyone but Marky Mark in that part".
    Sadly in that family Donny got most of the talent and Mark got most of the looks.
    Well, ignoring the fact that any role is replaceable from one or the next person's perspective, I wouldn't have preferred anyone else in Wahlberg's character in I <3 Huckabees.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. Movies & TV   -   #204
    Doss123
    I liked it quite a bit. Genuinely I like the more funny Coen Siblings movies a little bit more than their serious movies. That's not to say I don't like their serious products, it's just less "draining" to look at one of their comedies.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 04-29-2012 at 03:28 PM.

5. Movies & TV   -   #205
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

Anyway I'm going to try and watch it but be forewarned if I don't like it then I intend to bully you like fuck.
    ...............................................................................................................................................................................................
    There are two actors who reprise roughly similar role types, Mark Wahlberg, and Tom Cruise, now to be honest although he might be a more bland for the people actor, I'm not reaching for the vomit bag like I would be with some of Tom Cruise's outings. They both play on the underdog theme, yet Tom Cruise has such a monumental ego that it comes across as ludicrously false. Case in point: Knight and Day... I mean seriously What The Fuck ( the contraction does a disservcie to what a massive waste of time this ego massage is ). I'm working my way up to Ghost Protocol ( I know I'm going to DEEPLY regret it ) but it has to be done just to go yes you were right dumbass!
    The current crop of Hollywood extravaganza's have become so surreal that they are feeding on themselves, they have little to do with the world around them, they have created their own alternate reality. Movies like contraband eschew all of this and turn back to a simpler time, bully me all you like, I was pleasantly surprised for a change.
    Last edited by Artemis; 04-29-2012 at 09:56 AM.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

6. Movies & TV   -   #206
    You'll be happy to know that they have green lit a sequel to Top Gun then.All the major players- Cruise,Bruckheimer,Tony Scott will return.My main concern those is if they will still be able to live up to the standard of homo-erotica as the original?That and if Val Kilmer reprises Iceman will his plane be able to get off the ground?
    I also hear that to stay true to the first one and have gays in both romantic lead roles a search is currently underway to find the new Kelly McGillis.I say Amber Heard but they may scoff at the suggestion her being only bisexual.

7. Movies & TV   -   #207
    There are two actors who reprise roughly similar role types, Mark Wahlberg, and Tom Cruise, now to be honest although he might be a more bland for the people actor, I'm not reaching for the vomit bag like I would be with some of Tom Cruise's outings. They both play on the underdog theme, yet Tom Cruise has such a monumental ego that it comes across as ludicrously false. Case in point: Knight and Day... I mean seriously What The Fuck ( the contraction does a disservcie to what a massive waste of time this ego massage is ). I'm working my way up to Ghost Protocol ( I know I'm going to DEEPLY regret it ) but it has to be done just to go yes you were right dumbass!
    The current crop of Hollywood extravaganza's have become so surreal that they are feeding on themselves, they have little to do with the world around them, they have created their own alternate reality. Movies like contraband eschew all of this and turn back to a simpler time, bully me all you like, I was pleasantly surprised for a change.
    I may be repeating myself, but I always saw Cruise as the "prick heading for redemption of character through event-induced enlightment" archetype. However, being a prick in real life, I tend to avoid movies with him in it. I begrudgingly gave "Tropic Thunder" a viewing after endless pestering (which lasted the length of nearly a year), and in the end didn't really like the movie, thus causing me to cement myself further on the previously upheld stance.

I haven't come up with an archetype for Wahlberg yet, haven't even given it much thought. That's probably because I'm neither a huge for nor do I dislike him. I just like the guy even if he doesn't do anything special on screen :/
    You couldn't pay me enough money to watch Entourage though.

8. Movies & TV   -   #208
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    What's Entourage?

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

9. Movies & TV   -   #209
    What's Entourage?
    I want to switch places with you.

10. Movies & TV   -   #210
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    What's Entourage?
    I want to switch places with you.
    I'll tell you how little interest I have in this show.I've read that there are consistently hawt babes in it and I've still never bothered to watch even one episode.