Page 55 of 75 FirstFirst ... 5455253545556575865 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo View Post

You call me a retard defending the actors? And not at on point getting to the real obvious flaws about this movie?

The escape pod from the ISS has an airlock and a spacesuit (because you fucking need that) so she can get out there fighting the orbital debres field hitting her at a speed, faster than a bullet, that she can see in dark space, untangeling the "not to be open without air, like in fucking space" parachute with a wrench, that she almost looses and are really deployed with an explosive charge (like the fucking probe landing in the lake door), and is accumulating to a weight (added to the real deal weight) that would not make it to space in the first place with the shit thats in orbit?

yeah, son. I'm the retard.
    First as I've never been molested I'm pretty sure I couldn't be your son.As for your other points,that's probably why it's called Science Fiction and not Science Fact and why Gravity was nominated in the Best Drama and not the Best Documentary category at the Oscars.

Being a "drama" it's then open to something called dramatic/artistic license which apparently is why stuff like Star Wars:The Phantom Menace isn't better than it is was as they got the height of the Gungans all wrong.

In other space news,the only logic a story has to adhere to is it's own internal one,so that B results directly from A and just isn't thrown in there out of the blue black.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #542
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    I just love it when you guys banter! Meg, piercerseth, Idol you all are masters!

(I still raise angels.)
    Last edited by Stehle; 08-22-2014 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Meg gets it. ;->
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

3. Movies & TV   -   #543

out of all angels you could have taken, thats it?
    I thought she was a cute angel but that seems less than right.

4. Movies & TV   -   #544
    Speedo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

You call me a retard defending the actors? And not at on point getting to the real obvious flaws about this movie?

The escape pod from the ISS has an airlock and a spacesuit (because you fucking need that) so she can get out there fighting the orbital debres field hitting her at a speed, faster than a bullet, that she can see in dark space, untangeling the "not to be open without air, like in fucking space" parachute with a wrench, that she almost looses and are really deployed with an explosive charge (like the fucking probe landing in the lake door), and is accumulating to a weight (added to the real deal weight) that would not make it to space in the first place with the shit thats in orbit?

yeah, son. I'm the retard.
    First as I've never been molested I'm pretty sure I couldn't be your son.As for your other points,that's probably why it's called Science Fiction and not Science Fact and why Gravity was nominated in the Best Drama and not the Best Documentary category at the Oscars.

Being a "drama" it's then open to something called dramatic/artistic license which apparently is why stuff like Star Wars:The Phantom Menace isn't better than it is was as they got the height of the Gungans all wrong.

In other space news,the only logic a story has to adhere to is it's own internal one,so that B results directly from A and just isn't thrown in there out of the blue black.
    we

5. Movies & TV   -   #545
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    we
    There, there. That's a good little bitch. Muzzled.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Movies & TV   -   #546
    The Legend of Hercules.

Almost defying logic as the bar for Hercules movies already being set so incredibly low,still manages to be the worst one ever.

An amalgamation of Gladiator,300 and Troy filtered through a (and God I wish I were making this up) Twilight lens (Hercules should never ever be moon-eyed (and again literally and again I wish I was making this up).
    An embarrassment to anyone who has ever made a movie and that includes people filming stupid pet tricks on their iPhones.

In all honesty I don't know how anyone can make a movie this bad.
    It really says something that it made me long for the simple stupidity of Lou Ferrigno's version. It least in the '80's they had the good sense to market Hercules to teen boys and include tits.

7. Movies & TV   -   #547
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Edge of Tomorrow ...a decent movie, well directed, unique story or plot line. Lots of scifi action!

Overall very entertaining!

(Really wanted Bill Paxton to say, "Game Over Man, GAME OVER!" like he did in the "Aliens" movie for those who viewed it way back when.)
    Last edited by Stehle; 09-14-2014 at 11:09 PM.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

8. Movies & TV   -   #548
    Oddly given the state of things here at FST I can't seem to work up the enthusiasm to put any real effort into a "real" review so.......

Some City: A Dime to Keel Four

Going in I took for granted that it was going to be terrible and while it sort of was it happily wasn't anywhere near as bad as I feared.

The main negative besides the insistence for everyone of note having to speak in gravelly monotone presumably to effect film noir,was how God-awfully constructed the film was.

OK,nothing wrong with three stories tenuously connected but the one that could have been the best (and by a country mile) with Joseph Gordon-Levitt didn't really have a point and just sort of ended up filling space .
    Other than that -9 points for having Josh Brolin as Dwight instead of Clive Owen. but +6 for Eva Green's phenomenal tits which I hope weren't CG enhanced or else someone's gonna pay or not and another minus for yet another film with strippers in which the strippers somehow don't strip and yet people who are the veritable scum of the Earth seem fine with it and don't riot and kill everyone in sight,

In summary I think overall that gives the film some number between 1 and 10.

9. Movies & TV   -   #549
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I watched Sim City: A Mime to Shill More the other night. I fell asleep at numerous times and wasn't really following the plot. Didn't notice Brolin was playing Clive Owen's character. Thought he was a new addition. If so, wasn't done as well.

Eva Green gets her tits out a lot. If more women were as perfect as she is, more women would show them off, too. Sadly, we live in dark times...

Agreed, worst strip club ever. One stripper who doesn't strip. Has bad attitude, and is distant/sulking while dancing. With the clientele in the place I'd at least expect a donkey show. FFS, if Sin City were in Canada, Nancy would be shooting ping pong balls in guys' drinks.

I want to hate Brolin for the roles he's gotten in, but can't say I entirely do. I may even warm to him if he shows any range.

Marv's face looked different. Kinda like they had a different makeup artist who didn't actually see the first show and was going off a description. Bothered me.

I'll be more precise in my scoring and give it between a 3 and 7.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Movies & TV   -   #550
    That brought a smile to my face.I would have laughed but for the fact there was no actual human suffering involved.