Page 289 of 545 FirstFirst ... 189239279286287288289290291292299339389 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 5447

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets (archived)

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post

What?
    I was on about that Grindhouse rubbish.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #2882
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I wouldn't say that.
    I caught myself thinking about how cool Bruce Willis' distracted way of conversing with his co-stars is while I was watching Top Cat last night. All I wanted was to be watching Die Hard.

He looks around, lights cigarettes, applies bandages and unguents to battle wounds. Basically anything apart from look as if he is engaged in the conversation.
    But he is
    QT makes movies that are like Die Hard, it just involves ninja swords and Samuel Jackson. Occasionally Travolta makes an appearance, but QT can be forgiven for such choices. There's enough gratuitous violence to make up for casting errors. It even pays off when Travolta gets shot...

Tarantino rocks, IMO. I always look forward to his movies.
    Thanks, Arty :]

I love Tarantino, I would describe Reservoir Dogs as my favourite film and have watched all of his offerings, but when he did that thing that you describe - write a b-movie type film with a large budget in mind - it sucked bawls.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #2883
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19

QT makes movies that are like Die Hard, it just involves ninja swords and Samuel Jackson. Occasionally Travolta makes an appearance, but QT can be forgiven for such choices. There's enough gratuitous violence to make up for casting errors. It even pays off when Travolta gets shot...

Thanks, Arty :]

I love Tarantino, I would describe Reservoir Dogs as my favourite film and have watched all of his offerings, but when he did that thing that you describe - write a b-movie type film with a large budget in mind - it sucked bawls.
    Grindhouse wasn't long-term memorable, that's for sure. I don't think it was meant to be. However, I don't think Abe Lincoln is going to be another Grindhouse, either. Like I said, it's based on a well-received novel. What I was saying, was that Abe Lincoln killing vampires is the type of movie that would normally be a low budget, B-grade movie.

The fact that it was treated well (from all indications) is what gives it the chance to be totally cool (hopefully).
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Lounge   -   #2884
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Currently in a meeting, got a raving review on the progress of my current paper. This does not motivate me to work more, I feel like I can finally get drunk again.
    Noice! My current papers have been shit. I knew it, but unfortunately, my prof. recognized it, to... I did ask her if the "C" at the end of the paper was her initial, or my grade.
    "It's your grade"
    "Oh, I thought C stood for cunt"

I need not worry about grades, only the tumultuous criticisms of picky reviewers, so this was only a discussion to see if it would stand against it. Afterwards comes the their answer of either "whatever, we'll publish it" or "fuck off".
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

5. Lounge   -   #2885

What?
    I was on about that Grindhouse rubbish.
    I really liked Death Proof though, I was all thinking, girl power! Planet Terror was so far meh that I can only recall that it had some schtick.

6. Lounge   -   #2886
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I wouldn't say that.
    I caught myself thinking about how cool Bruce Willis' distracted way of conversing with his co-stars is while I was watching Top Cat last night. All I wanted was to be watching Die Hard.

He looks around, lights cigarettes, applies bandages and unguents to battle wounds. Basically anything apart from look as if he is engaged in the conversation.
    But he is

Good writer if a bit too in love with himself.So-so director and only ascends to that mediocre level because he steals most of his best shots from old movies.
    Put him and Rodriguez together and the result is truly shite.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. Lounge   -   #2887
    Good writer if a bit too in love with himself.So-so director and only ascends to that mediocre level because he steals most of his best shots from old movies.
    I tend to be very forgiving on Tarantino for Pulp Fiction alone. I love that movie just that much, enough to subside my calloused unyielding nature for him to romp around freely without me spewing bile about him.

8. Lounge   -   #2888

I tend to be very forgiving on Tarantino for Pulp Fiction alone. I love that movie just that much, enough to subside my calloused unyielding nature for him to romp around freely without me spewing bile about him.
    High praise, indeed.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. Lounge   -   #2889

Noice! My current papers have been shit. I knew it, but unfortunately, my prof. recognized it, to... I did ask her if the "C" at the end of the paper was her initial, or my grade.
    "It's your grade"
    "Oh, I thought C stood for cunt"

I need not worry about grades, only the tumultuous criticisms of picky reviewers, so this was only a discussion to see if it would stand against it. Afterwards comes the their answer of either "whatever, we'll publish it" or "fuck off".
    It has been quite some time since I have turned in anything as sub-standard. I would not even post this paper on your blog with Dave's name on it.

Life and apathy were both at play...

10. Lounge   -   #2890
    If apathy weren't at play, you're likely the butt of someone's joke.