Page 535 of 545 FirstFirst ... 35435485525532533534535536537538 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,350 of 5447

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets (archived)

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    The trash section is filled with that shit right now.

yo

2. Lounge   -   #5342
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Open to suggestions... Needs t include a Blu-Ray player and be under about $250.
    At $250, you are asking for a bit too much, but this is quite popular on Amazon. Keep the player you have, and add it. For the money, I believe you will be pleased. In a small-ish room, there is no reason it should not be enjoyable with your HTPC, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-HT-S3500.../ref=pd_cp_e_3

The next step up would be the full-out theater I was describing earlier. You'd be around $1700 all said and done. Proportionally, this offers good bang-for-the-buck. You'd be very likely to sell the small system on CraigsList for 1/2 to 2/3 what you spent when you decided to step up. Let's say $125 for 2+ years of use...
    Not a bad idea. I'll sleep on it. Out of curiosity, would that receiver push those two m70s?

yo

3. Lounge   -   #5343
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Not a bad idea. I'll sleep on it. Out of curiosity, would that receiver push those two m70s?
    One of the reviewers on Amazon mentions using a pair of these as his mains. I have little doubt the receiver included in the package would be able to drive the Polks. I can see why you'd be tempted to grab them, as well. The downside to doing that is that you really should add a matching center channel (on sale frequently at Newegg) to go with the mains. This is like the main plane of sound behind the screen at a movie theater- mismatching here is a bigger problem than cheating on the surrounds.

However, you then end up invested more than you initially expected:

HTiB- $250
    M70's- $125
    Center- $120

Now, you have an "incomplete" system based on an entry-level receiver. At the $500 price point, you may have better options to begin with.

The package should be rather nice in a small room. You aren't going to wake the neighbors, nor rattle anyone's teeth with the sub. You will, though, have an enjoyable system that works for your budget, allows you to add new items, and is all fully matched. About the only items to consider are small speaker mounts (somewhat optional).

I'd do that until you are ready to take a bigger plunge, honestly. Sad to miss out on a good deal on those M70's, but they are quite large and you are moving again in the foreseeable future. When you are ready, grab a receiver like Art just purchased, fill your room with Polks, and add a moderately priced sub and you'll be set for 10+ years. Nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Lounge   -   #5344
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Dawgs, I've got a scumbag torrent request, its for some real life serious business - can anyone hook-a-mutha-up with an eBook of "Endometriosis: A Key to Healing And Fertility Through Nutrition"

5. Lounge   -   #5345
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Fertility, huh?

HMMMMM.

6. Lounge   -   #5346
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder View Post
    Dawgs, I've got a scumbag torrent request, its for some real life serious business - can anyone hook-a-mutha-up with an eBook of "Endometriosis: A Key to Healing And Fertility Through Nutrition"
    "Let's move in together, it'll save money on paying two separate rents. We can try it for a while..."

trap.jpg
    Last edited by megabyteme; 02-01-2014 at 02:36 AM. Reason: First week, "I'm infertile. Don't worry about a condom..."
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Lounge   -   #5347
    BTW, isn't endometriosis just another name for, "got nailed sooo many times before I met you that I've got calluses on my uterus"?
    Last edited by megabyteme; 02-01-2014 at 02:40 AM.

8. Lounge   -   #5348
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme
    BTW, isn't endometriosis just another name for, "got nailed sooo many times before I met you that I've got calluses on my uterus"?

So it's more "Endometriosis: A Key to Fertility through frequent and severe spiking?
    Last edited by Artemis; 02-01-2014 at 05:36 AM.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

9. Lounge   -   #5349
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    This thread is still up ? Well then I win .... right ?

10. Lounge   -   #5350
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    This thread is still up ? Well then I win .... right ?
    Not while I can still strike a key.