Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Us To Fingerprint & Photograph All Visa Travellers

I dont know where DNA came into as the article says nothing about it, as for taking photographs and figerprints, dont you know this is all part of globalisation where money can go anywhere with no borders while humans will have there rights more and more infringed under the guise of security.

The edge of the wedge is thin but the more you push the bigger it gets

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    As long as it works both ways i have no problem with it....except fingerprinting is nowhere near foolproof...i'd RATHER it was DNA.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Double Agent
    yeah fingerprints can be fakes and so can the rentinal scans be faked

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@3 January 2004 - 01:05

i dont know about u US folks but i'd like the US gov to keep its nose out of my biological information such as my fingerprints and dns molecules

u guys dont mind having ur genitle exposed and being examined, I DO!!!
    We aren't interested in your "biological information", just trying to prove that you are who you say you are.

Exposing genitals?
    I'm sure there are aberrant border guards around, but you must have run into more than your fair share....
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Double Agent
    ROFLMAO yeah those female boarder ossifers are really hot......

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    In the United States, I applied for a professional license. Part of the application process was to send a recent passport-type photo AND a copy of my fingerprints. I had to go to the local police station and PAY them to fingerprint me. I threw in an extra 10 bucks to be beaten with a nightstick and stunned by a tazzer.

After spending the night in jail (and acquiring a new best friend, BTW), I submitted my application.

The licensing body just wants to sure that I am who I say I and can prove it if a doubt arises. It helps to preserve the integrity of the field.

It seems that only those who have a less than upstanding history would balk at such a measure. I am willing to reciprocate a photo and fingerprints to any country that I visit. Whatever they deem necessary to make ensure safety. If I think the measures are extreme or demeaning, I'll take my business elsewhere.

I only let people into my house that I both know and trust, the same should be true of my country. So if you want to come to my country, it very much is my business who you are.

So next time I go to Canada, I will enter your houses, which are never locked, and start drinking beer in front of your TV. Please do not ask me for identification of any kind, as you have no right to know this.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Double Agent
    you will still need proper ids entering Canada, we just dont have strip searches for boys and girls alike

and we do lock ur doors just to clear that up

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@3 January 2004 - 10:48
    you will still need proper ids entering Canada, we just dont have strip searches for boys and girls alike 

and we do lock ur doors just to clear that up 
    Where did the "strip searches" data come from?
    The same weirdo who insisted on inspecting your "genitles", no doubt.

You really should try a different border crossing.

Edit: Of course you lock your doors up there, but, like most things Canadien, they are only 86% as effective as American locks and we can outwit them easily.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Double Agent
    on a completely unrelated note

i dunno if you guys have seen "air force one", i know it's hollywood and all but i think there is some truths into this movie

in the movie the loyalists of a soviet general, who got imprisoned by the US for terrorists activities, got onto air force one posing as media crew. Just before they boarded the air plane they were id'ed by fingerprints and got clearence.

any organized crime, terriorists or not, can get around the system and still pose danger to the American public.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Your photographed by hundreds of security cameras every day and don't even realize it.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast