skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@1 February 2004 - 08:55
    iv tried:
    FORMAT {every letter on the keyboard}:

iv been to FDISK and deleated any NON DOS partions

and it still fucking bombs out.

but sometimes not in the same place.

the places it does it are:

1)while its loading files rite at the start b4 u can even select where to install
    2)on doing a full format with NTSC (or whatever it is) NOT QUICK
    3)after it asks me for my name and the time and stuff like that the pc just reboots.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    :helpsmile:

im thinking that im gonna hav to pay to hav it fixed
    :helpsmile:
    OK, I finally installed XP on wifes 'puter last night and experienced the same things that you have mentioned.
    It was a device conflict that caused these problems.
    Have you upgraded any PCI cards??
    I had to remove the floppy drive as it was failing and that seemed to help some.
    Then I had to remove her ATI display adapter and install the old one and that fixed the install problem. After the install completed I went back and re-installed the new display adapter and things are going good.

So, you may try to remove any new hardware changes that you have made (if you can). Just remember to remove 1 item at a time and continue trying to finsh the install.

Also, I had to switch installation disk as the one I always use had developed errors on the surface which caused simular problems.

Dont give up, just sit back, read everyones ideas and think about what you are doing. Slow is the best pace

Hope this helps,
    Steve

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    well since i got the pc a year ago this christmas iv upgraded:

*EXTRA 256MB OF RAM
    *UPGRADED THE ON BOARD GFX CARD TO A G FORCE 4 MMX440
    *ADDED A DVD DRIVE
    *ADDED A NETWORK CARD
    *UPGRADED THE CPU FROM A 1.3 DURON TO A 2000+ XP ATLON

wierdly enough im sure iv formatted the hard drive o at leave fucked it up so much as to all date has been currupted but when i turn on the PC for a few seconds i still see the gfx card settings and its mini BIOS and i still run the moniter thru the gf card surly that wod b installed on the hard drive i hav formatted/fucked about with

im been given a £25 qoate as to how much it will cost to fix so if i cant do anything tonite im going to send it for repaire. :helpsmile:

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    Wifes XP installation would get about 3/4 of the way in the 'installing devices' then just kick off. The graphics card was the cause of this.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    thats what happens to me alot of the time.

just removed the gfx card, the slave hard drive and my network card leaving nothing rly to remove and it still didnt work.

stupid fucking xp better than 98 my ass altho it looks better thats it

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@27 January 2004 - 19:24
    i installed something that seemed to make my c not boot up sometimes and just crash so i decieded to try and repair WIN XP so i put in the disc and i coulnt repair so i tryed to install witout formmating but it ditn erase the error so last nite i put the WIN XP PRO disc in and formatted and installed WIN XP PRO and it crashed half way thru

now when i put in the XP PRO disc it starts to load p system files to get ready to install but comes up with a system error and says it stopped to prevent harming my pc.

it wont boot cause it says the same thing and i tried my LEGAL copy of XP HOME and that didnt work.

any ideas?

this is a real problem 4 me cause its my only pc and im having to use a m8's for all work and stuff.

sorry for all the spelling errors and shit but im in a hurry.

please offer any help. :helpsmile: :helpsmile:
    have u got access to to another p.c that u can open up

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@27 January 2004 - 23:15
    get a dos boot disk and put it in then get into dos and type format C: and that woud format it...i think you can download the disks off of the microsoft website.
    i thought that shit was only with 98 downwards coz 2000 upwards doesent run off dos?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    Originally posted by accat13@28 January 2004 - 19:26
    you could try going to your hardrive manufacturer's web site and download there utility to fdisc then do a clean install.I also really like the friends computer method it always seems to work well..
    amen

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    Poster
    Originally posted by peerzyboy+1 February 2004 - 19:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peerzyboy &#064; 1 February 2004 - 19:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>wierdly enough im sure iv formatted the hard drive o at leave fucked it up so much as to all date has been currupted but when i turn on the PC for a few seconds i still see the gfx card settings and its mini BIOS and i still run the moniter thru the gf card surly that wod b installed on the hard drive i hav formatted/fucked about with [/b]
    WTF is that?
    Can I have it again in English?

<!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy
    @1 February 2004 - 19:37
    im been given a £25 qoate as to how much it will cost to fix so if i cant do anything tonite im going to send it for repaire. :helpsmile:[/quote]Might I suggest you do that - £25 seems to be a small price to pay for sorting out the trouble you&#39;re having.
    Make sure you get a printed report of the faults found and work done to remedy them; then let us know.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    took it to a shop and they sed £30 and be fixed by thursday i have used them b4 and they didnt mind me giving them a copy of WIN XP PRO so i&#39;ll get back to you with the results

wierdly enough im sure iv formatted the hard drive o at leave fucked it up so much as to all date has been currupted but when i turn on the PC for a few seconds i still see the gfx card settings and its mini BIOS and i still run the moniter thru the gf card surly that wod b installed on the hard drive i hav formatted/fucked about with
    WTF is that?
    Can I have it again in English?
    basicly im sure i formatted the hard drive but when i turn my pc on the gfx card still works and it still shows up. shouldnt the drives/software have been deleated when i formatted the hard drive

o well not my problem now

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    Poster
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@2 February 2004 - 18:12
    basicly im sure i formatted the hard drive but when i turn my pc on the gfx card still works and it still shows up. shouldnt the drives/software have been deleated when i formatted the hard drive
    What you see it the video card&#39;s BIOS outputting to the screen. It&#39;s the same sort of thing as the mobo&#39;s BIOS that appears just afterwards.
    They&#39;re not stored on the hard drive, they&#39;re on the chips themselves.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast