Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Too Many Accounts

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Does this mean that people 'dynamic' IP's can do what the hell they want on forums and no one can do anything about it. They just change their username and e-mail address?

If this is the case then some better method of control is required.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by bigboab@23 February 2004 - 14:16
    Does this mean that people 'dynamic' IP's can do what the hell they want on forums and no one can do anything about it. They just change their username and e-mail address?

If this is the case then some better method of control is required.
    Pretty much, although there are some actions which can be taken, for exaple banning known IP ranges.

I have two IPs assigned to my connection by my ISP. I could change my router to use its second IP if I wanted, but that's the only thing i could change it to. Presumably other dynamic addressing schemes work in a similar manner, only with a larger pool of IPs. Banning ranges is the only method which works in these cases, however this is extreme as there is a possibility of 'collateral damage'.

If you want to change how this works, you'll have to restructure the entire internet, unfortunately.

3. Lounge   -   #33

These stars are cool!

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by Evil Gemini@23 February 2004 - 14:31

These stars are cool!
    Now don't start spamming

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Originally posted by Lamsey+23 February 2004 - 16:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey &#064; 23 February 2004 - 16:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Evil Gemini@23 February 2004 - 14:31

These stars are cool&#33;
    Now don&#39;t start spamming [/b][/quote]

Sorry,

For some reason i thought they were all seperate stars so when i copied the url, i pasted it in 5 times thinking thier will be only 5 stars. :

EDIT: spelled URL wrong. dont ask

6. Lounge   -   #36
    LOL - this is starting to sound like one of those &#39;80s Computer Studies videos they uses to have at school.........

Sorry - conintue.....you were all teaching us about IP&#39;s

7. Lounge   -   #37
    I have learnt a lot. I did&#39;nt know there was so much to know. I am leanring, I can now use Microsoft Word and Paint quite well. I also managed to make a video in Windows Movie Maker. so I&#39;m pleased.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Poster
    Originally posted by NodDarnOj@23 February 2004 - 14:14
    Thankyou Spider dude. So it&#39;s kind of a telephone number for my computer.
    Sorry to be a little thick but I&#39;ve only been on the internet for a week or so.
    I got a computer and my friend set it up for me. I&#39;m afraid I&#39;m not too bright on this technical jargen.
    How did you manage to join on the 2nd of Feb?
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Originally posted by NodDarnOj@23 February 2004 - 16:43
    I have learnt a lot. I did&#39;nt know there was so much to know. I am leanring, I can now use Microsoft Word and Paint quite well. I also managed to make a video in Windows Movie Maker. so I&#39;m pleased.
    This is only the tip of the tip of the tip of the iceburg

10. Lounge   -   #40
    To 4th Gen- I was on a friends computer, this one actually I was using his internet to try it out and see if I like it.
    To Evil Gemini- Yes I hear people talking about other progs too like for sound editing and picture editing.
    I am learning slowly, I don&#39;t think I&#39;m quite a hacker yet ha ha

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast