Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 9/11 Panel Find No Link With Iraq

I guess Kerry will just have to restore Saddam to power. Since he's innocent of the charge.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Originally posted by Busyman@18 June 2004 - 05:29
    There could be a connection between my dick and my best friend's wife's pussy.

It doesn't mean I fucked her.
    That is one of the reasons I hate hearing the words "link" or "connection" coming out of a politician's mouth. What do these words mean?

Bush: Iraqi intelligence officers met with (Osama) bin Laden, the head of al-Qaida.

So? The CIA has connections with both of them as well.

It is kind of like the age-old (well not really) question: How is a steam roller like a fish?

They are both made up of atoms.

Christ, we have worked out the 6 degrees of separation theory, if you go back far enough you can connect anybody with anything - the part that isn't really expained to us poor cretins is wheather there is a significant link between bin Laden and Saddam (or any other "link" between two points that serves as an excuse to do whatever they want).

[SARCASM] Is that guy a terrorist? Did you catch him with a bomb?

No, but there he has a link with terrorist organisations - His sister's half cousin twice removed used to live down the street from a woman who ran a cake stall for the school fete and in Ausgust 1978 she sold a choc-chip cookie to a man (now deceased) who fathered an illigitimate child to an Iranian goat herd's aunt. That goat herd later went on to be head tobacconist to an Iraqi sheik, who once bribed one of Saddam's guards to look the other way while his nephew sold a gold watch to a Turkish businessman and used the money to help pay his taxes to That Evil Dictator who we thought had weapons of mass destruction that he may have used against Isreali troops, and we support the Isrealis, so our suspect has to be locked up!

[/SARCASM]

Am I too cynical?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Poster
    Red on yellow, kill a fellow, red on black, friend of Jack.
    So I'm takin it as the top one being the killer....
    Hiya j2k4... How are ya?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Originally posted by Alex H@18 June 2004 - 07:15
    ...Am I too cynical?
    Cynical would be using the Oracle of Bacon.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by protak@18 June 2004 - 00:15
    Red on yellow, kill a fellow, red on black, friend of Jack.
    So I'm takin it as the top one being the killer....
    Hiya j2k4... How are ya?
    Fine as frog's hair, sir.

Yourself?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Originally posted by MagicNakor+18 June 2004 - 03:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MagicNakor @ 18 June 2004 - 03:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alex H@18 June 2004 - 07:15
    ...Am I too cynical?
    Cynical would be using the Oracle of Bacon.

[/b][/quote]

Just so-
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Originally posted by Busyman@17 June 2004 - 23:29
    What Bush prayed on was the uneducated voter.

9/11 happened

We send troops to Afghanistan to strike at the supposed home of Al Qaeda.

We then send troops to Iraq shortly afterwards.

We make reference to Bin Laden and Hussein in the same sentence.
    (he&#39;s just as dangerous as..., he&#39;s on par with......)

Then there&#39;s this talk from the uneducated.

"I bet Saddam had something to do with 9/11."
    "He hated America anyways."
    "All the Arabs are working to together."

Speculation is one thing but actually believing the far fetched with no proof is another.

Believe it or not elections are won with simply the planting of information or misinformation.

One person hears some shocking news that backs their candidate...but doesn&#39;t hear the refutation.

Then there are those that hear the refutation but block it out because their mind is made up.

"I always vote Democrat."
    "He&#39;s pro-life and that&#39;s all I care about."
    "He sent my boy to die for nothing."

btw
    Stating that there could be a connection is a political way of giving a reason for action some teeth.

The uneducated take shouldacouldawoulda as fact on many occasions.

There could be a connection between my dick and my best friend&#39;s wife&#39;s pussy.

It doesn&#39;t mean I fucked her.
    I must say, an excellent post; well-reasoned, and extremely well written.

I don&#39;t need to agree with it to say that, although I do agree, in large part.

The last part is especially effective.

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by j2k4@18 June 2004 - 00:51

I am sure there were at least a few people on the planet who still don&#39;t think Saddam ever had WMD, so you are technically correct, I suppose, but what exactly were the U.N. weapons inspectors looking for, and on whose behalf?

Or are you positing that Saddam had divested himself of them prior to the war?

Confused, I am.
    As I understood it, Saddam claimed that he had, in accordance with UN demands after GW1, destroyed his stockpiles of WMD. (By 2003 most of his 1980s stock would have been past their sell by date anyway) He was further tasked to produce, in short time, a comprehensive document detailing the steps taken to dispose of them.

The UN inspectors in late 2002 early 2003 were not looking for WMD - they were endeavouring to verify the documented evidence of destruction. Although there were gaps the signs were relatively encouraging and the UN inspectors were keen to continue their work. The US and the UK and a handful of others (I am sorry, but when the list has to include the Marshall Islands to bolster the numbers it really is a few) were unwilling to wait - for some reason that appears to be no longer clear on this side of the Atlantic at least.

We are now at the situation that well after a year of occupation and 6 months after the capture of Saddam and most of his aides there are still no WMDs and the things barely get mentioned anymore. Indeed, Tony Blair usually mentions WMD through gritted teeth along with dark mutterings about failures in intelligence.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Biggles, Biggles, Biggles.
    Wake up and smell the coffee.

Much like the alleged Iraq-Al-Quida linkage, the WMD are a non-issue.
    At least to Bush and his apologists.

You see, it turns out that they never actually made those claims.
    Video to the contrary, we were all hallucinating.

There was a good reason for this debacle.
    Give them another week or two and the Bushies will come up with it.

Till then, just sit tight knowing that you are being protected by a man of "great moral clarity".

That&#39;s right...Don King is on the job.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes

Don King is president??

Where is that coffee? I have slept longer than I thought and things have taken a turn for the worse.........well maybe, on second thoughts, worse is perhaps the wrong word. Better, I think I meant better.

I have to say I do like some of the explanations. I think Rumsfeld in particular is a master at complete obfustication.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast