Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Best unlimited usenet providers?

Quote Originally Posted by madjock View Post

Eh ? Of course, so when the releases get released in American time, Sickbeard can catch them before the takedowns, how is that a disadvantage ?
    I was just thinking out loud.

If I'm a copyright agent, what's to stop me from giving Dog et. al a couple bucks and using their infrastructure in the same way for enforcement purposes? Better yet, I could run my own indexing setup with the fancy de-ofuscating regexes and watch the groups in real-time and start forwarding takedowns faster than your head could spin.

2. Newsgroups   -   #72
    Well I think they already do.

Hence why releases like Game of Thrones, Big Bang Theory to name a few are only up for hours.

Thats when password sites come into their own, and why days of non passworded usenet uploads of Bluray series are at an end. Not much use for Sickbeard, but it is the way it is going. I also work away from home, so can't be at my computer 24/7 grabbing downloads, at least with SIckbeard, I just have to use Password sites for 1 or 2 shows to catch up.

3. Newsgroups   -   #73
    Well I think they already do.

Hence why releases like Game of Thrones, Big Bang Theory to name a few are only up for hours.

Thats when password sites come into their own, and why days of non passworded usenet uploads of Bluray series are at an end. Not much use for Sickbeard, but it is the way it is going. I also work away from home, so can't be at my computer 24/7 grabbing downloads, at least with SIckbeard, I just have to use Password sites for 1 or 2 shows to catch up.
    I tried watching your two 'favs', lasted about 10min max on both of them. Blech. Sorry.

But I did do some tests on a couple heavily targeted series and they managed to stay up about a month, so not quite as 'quick on the trigger' as one would think, again, using fairly minimal obfuscation. All of these 'tv' programs are available by rental (both on SD/DVD and HD/Blu) so if one is a 'fan' they can be quite easily processed (unless one is really lazy I guess).

I've yet to have a real 'movie' targeted, unless it was a long (LONG) time ago, as I have a 'test' routine that checks things out heavily back a month or two, and then eventually back several months/years.

I tend to think that anything that relies upon some 'private' web site is doomed to getting hacked, as has been mentioned.
    Last edited by Beck38; 02-03-2015 at 11:54 AM.

4. Newsgroups   -   #74
    Haha no problems, each to their own.

What I have also found recently, is once you get 720P/1080P WEB-DLs nowadays, there is no great rush for Bluray rips of TV series.

I have tried a lot of the European servers, and for the most, things get taken down a few days after anyone else at best, I am never in that much of a rush to mess with block accounts, as usually in the cases of Remuxes you can hunt thru Binsearch and find what you want if you know what size and where to look.

Films like you say get away for the most, especially if an effort is made to hide.

5. Newsgroups   -   #75
    is once you get 720P/1080P WEB-DLs nowadays, there is no great rush for Bluray rips of TV series.
    On the subject, DIM's recent 1080p encodes are truly something else. Superior to the WEB-DLs. The only thing comparable would be CtrlHD or DON's releases, but those take hours/days longer to show up obviously.

6. Newsgroups   -   #76
    Quote Originally Posted by piercerseth View Post
    On the subject, DIM's recent 1080p encodes are truly something else. Superior to the WEB-DLs. The only thing comparable would be CtrlHD or DON's releases, but those take hours/days longer to show up obviously.
    I've always wondered where DIM get their source from - logo free, great quality. I watched the 1080P Elementary last week and it had DTS sound...

7. Newsgroups   -   #77
    Quote Originally Posted by renzz View Post
    I've always wondered where DIM get their source from - logo free, great quality. I watched the 1080P Elementary last week and it had DTS sound...
    That's the $64,000 question isn't it? Some magical pre-air backhaul only they're privy to perhaps. It was apparent when they pred those huge ass Mad Men caps last year. There was a little kerfuffle a month or two back when a BTN user alleged they were providing sources to p2p groups.

8. Newsgroups   -   #78
    I've used newshosting for years and has been great

9. Newsgroups   -   #79

What I have also found recently, is once you get 720P/1080P WEB-DLs nowadays, there is no great rush for Bluray rips of TV series.
    Bluray releases are drying up. I dont know if sales are poor or if the studios would simply rather stream everything but quite a few of the shows I watch did not get a bluray release for their last season. Really disappointing to me at least.

10. Newsgroups   -   #80
    Quote Originally Posted by cardboardbox View Post

Bluray releases are drying up. I dont know if sales are poor or if the studios would simply rather stream everything but quite a few of the shows I watch did not get a bluray release for their last season. Really disappointing to me at least.
    Not sure about that, more like no group releases it, or they have not been posted.

What show you talking about ?

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast