Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The U.S. has been touted as the "Greatest Country on Earth"...

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Yeah, you're mainly talking about economics there.

My contradictions to its 'greatness' were of a more qualitative nature.
    How do you measure the quality?
    By using an esoteric discernment-ometer, of course.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese

Do you really not know? That is a bit tragic.
    No. I know of no country with the word "great" in it.
    Your ignorance is tragic, though expected. Dismissed.
    Last edited by Cheese; 03-23-2006 at 05:48 PM.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    How do you measure the quality?
    Just what I thought.

I tend to use stuff like access to high paying jobs, crime rate, cost of living, distance from a beach, quality of teaching in the schools, etc.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    No. I know of no country with the word "great" in it.
    Your ignorance is tragic, though expected. Dismissed.
    Noooooo....there's labia.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Just what I thought.

I tend to use stuff like access to high paying jobs, crime rate, cost of living, distance from a beach, quality of teaching in the schools, etc.
    In my line of work, I have to quantify the intangible. Pound notes are not what a balance sheet is all about.

The same can be said in this case. If you can't see it, you can't see it
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Just what I thought.

In my line of work, I have to quantify the intangible. Pound notes are not what a balance sheet is all about.

True dat but I gotta start somewhere. If an area has fucked up schools I don't wanna go there. If I gotta live in a hovel, I don't wanna live there. Cost of living too high, don't wanna there. Availability of a decent paying jobs in relation to cost of living and how I want to live, don't wanna live there. No "comforts" nearby, don't wanna live there.

I don't have to see it.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    manker's Avatar effendi

True dat but I gotta start somewhere. If an area has fucked up schools I don't wanna go there. If I gotta live in a hovel, I don't wanna live there. Cost of living too high, don't wanna there. Availability of a decent paying jobs in relation to cost of living and how I want to live, don't wanna live there. No "comforts" nearby, don't wanna live there.

I don't have to see it.
    Busy, we're not talking about where you want to live. I don't give two shits about what you can and can't afford.

We're talking about whether America is great or not. At least that's what I'm trying to talk about but you seem set on showing everyone where you're going on holidays and how much money you made while you were in school.

America's 'greatness' (or not) isn't dependent on whether you're going to Hawaii on honeymoon

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28

I don't have to see it.
    Busy, we're not talking about where you want to live. I don't give two shits about what you can and can't afford.

We're talking about whether America is great or not. At least that's what I'm trying to talk about but you seem set on showing everyone where you're going on holidays and how much money you made while you were in school.

America's 'greatness' (or not) isn't dependent on whether you're going to Hawaii on honeymoon
    There you go getting personal...again.

What makes a country great is many of the things I said. It's not about what I can or can't afford. I tend to think even foreigners think about how there kids will grow up, what type of schools, crime rate, etc.

I know it's hard for you not to be git but damn.
    Last edited by Busyman; 03-23-2006 at 06:26 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    I think the US would be a nice place to stay if one is wealthy - less so if one were to be a tad short of a dollar or two.

I can't say the short holidays and long hours entice me much I am rather fond of my 6 weeks leave and 10 days public holidays.

On the other hand, on US TV no one seems to do much at their place of work ... of course that is TV world.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    I think the US would be a nice place to stay if one is wealthy - less so if one were to be a tad short of a dollar or two.

I can't say the short holidays and long hours entice me much I am rather fond of my 6 weeks leave and 10 days public holidays.

On the other hand, on US TV no one seems to do much at their place of work ... of course that is TV world.
    Damn how many years do you have at your job? I think I have to have 25 years for 6 weeks vacation. I only have 4 now (but our sick leave is separate) and next year I get another.

France is nice with their vacation. I saw on 60 Minutes that they get something like 8 weeks or something crazy like that. Talk about livin' it up.

One of my instructors was Italian and he said that over there, there isn't this huge stress on punctuality like here. Very laid back.

On this side, 1 minute late means you are marked late. Too many and you are suspended. Too many after that...fired. That can go with being late coming from lunch. Of course some jobs over here are more laid back than others. One reason I'm glad to be outta the office.
    Last edited by Busyman; 03-23-2006 at 07:21 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast