Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: The U.S. has been touted as the "Greatest Country on Earth"...

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    Over 20 years but the trigger for 6 weeks is 10 years (or something of that order).

The punctuality thing clinches it! I am not a morning person. As long as I average my 37 hours a week over a four week period (give or take 14 hours either way) everything is good. Ultimately it is the quality of the input that counts - not activity or attendance.
    Beat you, we get 6 weeks from day 1..

Plus the full flexi with carry forward + or - 37 hours in any 4 week period..

Knew the Agency would lead the pack somewhere... eventually

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. The Drawing Room   -   #62
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    Over 20 years but the trigger for 6 weeks is 10 years (or something of that order).

The punctuality thing clinches it! I am not a morning person. As long as I average my 37 hours a week over a four week period (give or take 14 hours either way) everything is good. Ultimately it is the quality of the input that counts - not activity or attendance.
    Beat you, we get 6 weeks from day 1..

Plus the full flexi with carry forward + or - 37 hours in any 4 week period..

Knew the Agency would lead the pack somewhere... eventually
    Quite noice!
    France has us all beat, however.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #63
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Indeed, it would be pretty pathetic.

Which is why I questioned the validity of you giving details of your lifestyle in a thread about America in general.

'Is America great?'

'Well, Busyman is going on a cruise'.

Oh fuck, Batman. He focused on a 2-liner out of entire paragraph.

Oh I just happen to be an American and there are many others just like me. Middle-class black American and just part of demographic that grew up poor.
    I believe my lifestyle and how it changed for the better, makes living in America great. I don't believe my circumstances would have been much better elsewhere.
    I saw a piece on Channel 4 news last year that quoted that movement between "social class" in the US was one of the worst records in the west in recent years.. (The UK wasnt much better).

I have, however, no idea where the figures come from and that should therefore be taken as hearsay.. the fact is it is possible to make money legally in the US and it isnt in many places in the world.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. The Drawing Room   -   #64
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    I saw a piece on Channel 4 news last year that quoted that movement between "social class" in the US was one of the worst records in the west in recent years..
    Well we have bad, high fat, low fibre diets and small bore domestic waste pipes so we try to keep all movements to a minimum

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567