Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Community Rep

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by WyldVixen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    So long as the new chaps don't have access to my personal details, including IP then I'm not really fussed.

Tho' to be fair I have been saying you shouldn't be "trading invites" with people you don't know for months know. Further that the private BT sites whose invites are being shared are going to get a bit fucking annoyed about it.

It's sort of defeating the idea of private tracker. Some muppet coming here, making 5 posts, then getting invites to private sites. It sort of defeats the point. N'est ce pas.
    I know ALL about you...
    Joking with you of course lol.

Sorry, for laughing but you sounded so cute being a bit paranoid lol

No worries, it's nothing like that, I can only see as much detail as you are willing to share on your own profile. No one has access to FST staff tools or access levels.

Sorry again, but it DID sound cute lol
    No prob

By way of apology please send me an invite to whatever BT site(s) you represent.

Me = Cute

2. BitTorrent   -   #102
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY View Post
    To clarify and will be added to the first post...

For those interested most of the sites represented at FST dont have any objections to trades and just ask you do it responsibly. The only site that were currently aware that does object to is u*** so just dont trade those as theres many others you can. They dont even have invites currently. Some sites dont want their names or urls mentioned and FST has filters for those so dont use spaces or something similar. Hope this clarifies things a bit...
    By "do it responsibly" I take it you mean "only invite people you know and trust" so that we don't put other members at risk.

3. BitTorrent   -   #103
    limesqueezer's Avatar kwasheni rejtash
    This is internet, you don't know who is who or what somebody did before he joined this site unless that somebody says it. But would you belive it and what does it matters ? There are forums & hubs i know where everybody is a moderator if he is from yeasterday on internet or for the start.

4. BitTorrent   -   #104
    Quote Originally Posted by limesqueezer View Post
    This is internet, you don't know who is who or what somebody did before he joined this site unless that somebody says it. But would you belive it and what does it matters ? There are forums & hubs i know where everybody is a moderator if he is from yeasterday on internet or for the start.
    There are people here I know loads about and I have given them invites to sites. They have done the same for me. There are also people I have given invites to :earl:. I always thought that was the point of private trackers. If they are to be swapped with strangers then just make them public.

5. BitTorrent   -   #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    . (You could compare this to countries in the world if you would like an example. EX: Israel has 12 yr old boys walking around the streets in their army with guns. The United states doesnt. Just because 1 place runs things a certain way doesnt mean everyone has to.)
    Friend, I think u're watching 2 much CNN.
    From where did u get that idea ? 12 yr old boys with guns....
    First know the facts - then u can write whatever u want.

(& no, we don't use Camels to get from 1 place 2 the other)
    I have acctually visited the country in question 13 times in the last 5 years. Each time there were in fact 12 year olds with guns. If some of them were even that old. Maybe you go to a differant side of the country that doesnt participate in war as much.

Quote Originally Posted by syD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Halt3r View Post
    the uploaders get them from the top sites where the groups release them to.
    top sites? you have got to be kidding youself mate! perhaps you meant dumps... there's a slight difference between the two
    I know the differance between the 2. Lookup my name on google search for refrences if needed. Check info about scene busts from JUNE of this year.

Maybe this topic is getting a little off the original subject??
    As stated in previous posts. Alot of sites dont mind when people give their invites away to people they trust. Most sites just dont want their addresses posting publicly. You will even find alot of sites now allow you to refer to them by certain code names. Ex: FTN. I have to agree with WV's post where she stated alot of other sites have been working together. I also have seen this first hand. Its been very good for the torrent communities in a whole when they work with other sites. We find vulnerabilities and help confront other issues. Its also nice to talk to staff from other sites once in a while to blow off steem.
    Last edited by Melvinmeow; 08-30-2006 at 07:41 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #106

For those interested most of the sites represented at FST dont have any objections to trades and just ask you do it responsibly. The only site that were currently aware that does object to is u*** so just dont trade those as theres many others you can. They dont even have invites currently. Some sites dont want their names or urls mentioned and FST has filters for those so dont use spaces or something similar. Hope this clarifies things a bit...
    bitmetv and bitme do not allow their users to hand out invites using this method either, and unless i'm mistaken ftn and sct are the same.

7. BitTorrent   -   #107
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    Anyone got an invite for Oink?
    Hmmm?

8. BitTorrent   -   #108
    kimii's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by zooom View Post

bitmetv and bitme do not allow their users to hand out invites using this method either, and unless i'm mistaken ftn and sct are the same.

9. BitTorrent   -   #109
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    No BT site that isn't totally closed looped (no invies, no way in) can even humor themselves about being safe from the RIAA/MPAA.

You can google the names and locations of undercover CIA agents. You think a Pro couldn't find your torrentsite and get an account? Lucky for you, they don't want you. If the 'powers that be' want you, they'd find you. They can't sue everyone, nor do they want to - or have to. There are plans in the works right now for combating BT starting with the internet connection you're using. Right now is the Wild West stage of the internet. The yonger people here will be telling their kids about the shit they were able to get away with, and they won't believe you.

You guys should loosen up and enjoy what's left of the ride. Let the invites be trade freely. To hell with all the secret clubs and the people on their high horses.
    Last edited by Broken; 08-31-2006 at 05:25 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #110
    Fevves's Avatar ST.org Adm|n
    Umm, no?
    For some 'odd' reason we at ST tend to think, strongly may I add,we have the right and obligation to do just things for our own sake and for the benefit of our loyal trusty good members - old or new. What's left of the ride is to be judged by us on our own tracker. When you are able to have your own server running BT tracker, then you can enforce free for all policy and there's nothing wrong with that as long as you're responsable for your doings.

What I try to really say is: we have strict rules that we expect our members to follow for their own sake and benefit as well as ours. We're not chopping heads or mutilate them in order to prove us right. It's our content/qos and behavior that prevails over free http services (regardless of protocol they might use).

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast