Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugh...Is everyone from britain

Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker View Post
    and I was born there also. I came here when I was 4.
    So you are Armenian then, being that you were born there.
    Yup. Born there, came here when I was 4, raised here mostly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker View Post
    My parents and grand parents came from there, yeah.

My grand parents were born in Armenia, my parents were born there, and I was born there also. I came here when I was 4.
    So you are a citizen of Armenia then.
    Yup. I'm also a US citizen... if that counts towards anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider_dude View Post
    i believe he is dual citizen.
    Yeah I guess so...

So I stand by my point, I'm the only Armenian guy here. =/

Multiquoting FTW.

2. Lounge   -   #112
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by smeghead View Post
    Screw it, if y'all are gonna fuck with us over pronounciation of words and local dialect then there are a few things I'm sure the rest of the world would like to say about American pronounciation and local dialect especially regarding Alaska and Hawaii 'the freak states'.
    Having visited and stayed in 27 out of the 50 states one thing I'd like to make very clear, for fucks sake call a jug of beer a jug and NOT a pitcher.
    If you ask me if I want a pitcher in THAT accent I will assume you have a camera K?, K.

Understand that ok? or should I break it down fo net ick al ee?

Bloody yank. ;-)
    As soon as I get a pitcher of beer, you know, since it comes out of a pitcher, then I'll consider your request.

Jugs are titties, btw. I don't drink pictures of beer no more than you suck pictures of dicks.

3. Lounge   -   #113
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Quiet, you jug

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

4. Lounge   -   #114
    Everything from seed
    [rant]
    Sad when you miss the point of something isn't it?. Shit you could blink and miss your entire life that way son. Yes jugs are slang for tits, not my point.
    the point being the original poster has a propblem with the use of geographical slang so i'm saying if he has a problem with brats using the word bloody and derivatives, and not understanding it then by the same token I don't want you referring to my jug of beer as a pitcher cos I find THAT confusing. got that? comprende? kapische?
    I hate it when it all slips under the radar.
    [/rant]

5. Lounge   -   #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    Quiet, you jug
    Shut it, you tit.

6. Lounge   -   #116
    [rant]
    Sad when you miss the point of something isn't it?. Shit you could blink and miss your entire life that way son. Yes jugs are slang for tits, not my point.
    the point being the original poster has a propblem with the use of geographical slang so i'm saying if he has a problem with brats using the word bloody and derivatives, and not understanding it then by the same token I don't want you referring to my jug of beer as a pitcher cos I find THAT confusing. got that? comprende? kapische?
    I hate it when it all slips under the radar.
    [/rant]
    But, but, but....it is a pitcher....and a jug actually. Can't you bloody understand? I'm only speaking Engrish, not slang, smegma.

Last edited by Busyman™; 09-04-2006 at 01:45 AM.

7. Lounge   -   #117
    Quote Originally Posted by DorisInsinuate View Post
    At school there was this guy who was a Shi'ite, he was sat next to a guy who was a Sunni.

They introduced themselves and mentioned what religions they were, and then he said, right to his face, "That's not a religion, that's just made up shit."

That was a good day at school.
    im a sunni muslim
    The Homicidal,Suicidal,Genocidal

8. Lounge   -   #118
    Everything from seed
    Yes I fully accept that, You don't seem to have the finer points of this down.

Yes it is a pitcher to you, and to me its a jug, fine its both, good.
    Yes bloody is an accepted Engrish word in Engrand, not used alltogether that much but it is a word none the less, in addition to being an intensive; to an American it most likely just means covered in blood, yes?

Substitute diaper for nappy, or pavement for sidewalk it makes no difference.
    I'm not having a go at you bud, it is inteded as a dig at the original poster BrolyBoo, who states that he is unable to understand the language used.
    If we are not to use these words that are obviously a problem for our Atlantic cousins, then I say that there are words used in America that the rest of the world will not fully understand.
    It only takes a little research, tolerance and understanding.

Fortunately I had one of my extensive American family on hand to help out :-)

P.S. Dude I really like 44 Fl. Oz. beers, they should do those here.

9. Lounge   -   #119
    Everything from seed
    Oh and yes I am aware that nappy means something entirely different in the States too and lets not forget fanny (as if we could)
    the list goes on and on....

"what did the five fingers say to the face? SLAP!
    cold blooded "

10. Lounge   -   #120
    Yes I fully accept that, You don't seem to have the finer points of this down.

Yes it is a pitcher to you, and to me its a jug, fine its both, good.
    Yes bloody is an accepted Engrish word in Engrand, not used alltogether that much but it is a word none the less, in addition to being an intensive; to an American it most likely just means covered in blood, yes?

Substitute diaper for nappy, or pavement for sidewalk it makes no difference.
    I'm not having a go at you bud, it is inteded as a dig at the original poster BrolyBoo, who states that he is unable to understand the language used.
    If we are not to use these words that are obviously a problem for our Atlantic cousins, then I say that there are words used in America that the rest of the world will not fully understand.
    It only takes a little research, tolerance and understanding.

Fortunately I had one of my extensive American family on hand to help out :-)

P.S. Dude I really like 44 Fl. Oz. beers, they should do those here.
    I wasn't having a go at you either, jus' fuckin' around.

However, pitcher and jug are not slang. Bloody (in the appropriate context) is.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast