Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: About Invites Section

kaii's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    seems as a good idea, 40-50 is too much, but 30 looks enough.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +5
    It's not a bad idea. I know i was frustrated for not being able to enter this section of the site for a month. But thats fair and keeps the community "cleaner" and discourages the bad seeds. 50 posts might be a little excessive but the principles of the ideia are good.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    i think 30 are many and they will start posting silly posts, as they will care for reaching the number without having something to say.
    I thnink 5 is ok

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    Green Goblin's Avatar who gives a f*** BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    all great ideas i like the 50 posts.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    Moonspell13's Avatar Saltwater... BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    This is why i think people with <40 or even more posts don't really have to add something in this section or to gain.. Reasons:
    1.By having, say 12 posts, even if you're a really good sharer and nice person, no matter what you have, nobody will trade with you simply because nobody will trust you... You need to show to other ppl in the rest of this forum that you are mature enough to handle the whole torrent thing and respect the other users..etc.
    2.Someone will say w"ell yes, I only have 20 posts, nothing to trade and I really want to be given some invites to start with" .. That's a good point but to be given some free invites, you have to first show that you will respect the site you will be invited to, your inviter and that you're NOT ONLY HERE BECAUSE OF THE INVITES... This is a community forum above all, where we are talking about many things, and concerning torrent sites, we talk about trackers, people do a good job searching for open to sign up to post them for ALL OF US to enjoy, discuss things etc. So if you really are a nice person and want to get some free invites, you have to prove this by participating in the discussions here and show that as I already have mentioned you are mature enough...

Please people share your thoughts and I know Reality and the others from the staff will seriously consider all opinions about this..

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16
    hdooga's Avatar ANTI-TRADER BT Rep: +4
    Instead of a fixed post count; make them request for access after a month passed and look in their posts to see if they have made a good contribution to the site.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by hdooga View Post
    Instead of a fixed post count; make them request for access after a month passed and look in their posts to see if they have made a good contribution to the site.
    That makes it a bit tooo strict about 50 posts seems good.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    Moonspell13's Avatar Saltwater... BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by mercier View Post
    i think 30 are many and they will start posting silly posts, as they will care for reaching the number without having something to say.
    I thnink 5 is ok
    Mercier I really do believe that by showing up in this discussion your thoughts will be also considered..
    So since you posted, I hope you don't mind I make an example based on you.. This is not personal and I hope you really get what you're after here
    Example:Mercier for example has been here since June, and has made in the entire forum 6 posts.. He also has no reputation points meaning that he hasn't traded either.. So , Mercier even though he was probably able to use this section for more than 6 whole months, he hasn't made a single trade and he hasn't participated in almost any of the discussions here ...
    So since he hasn't traded or participated in the community, what's the use of him being able to see this section , since he hasn't used it for 6 whole months...
    Now Mercier had the courage to step up and tell his opinion and that's why I think he's probably a nice guy who maybe is just a little bit shy or something..
    BUT can you imagine how MANY other people with exactly the same standards he has are ABLE to check on this section.. Well, I guess they are not joking, HUNDREDS...... And THAT'S what need to be changed, a better filter so that spies and scammers will have a hell of a hard time to get into here.. And even when they do, they will spotted quickly and begone and will have to go a lot of work to gain access again.. That's what this is all about ..

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #19
    NaToLa's Avatar Bond... James Bond BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    50 no spam posts it's a good idea. Only today i have received 2 Pm's from users with very few posts (1 have 8, the other have 14) and no rep points, asking for invite/acct trading of high level trackers. Scammers? Maybe.
    Last edited by NaToLa; 01-13-2007 at 07:56 PM.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #20
    Just a bump so more people see this and tell what they think

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast