Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: RTS Ripping off ScT

Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    the only places that have exclusive shit is theplace and bitme. places that have original material that isn't available anywhere else.

Compiling scene releases into a 'pack' is NOT exclusive.
    its also NOT HARD and anyone who says otherwise just wants attn.

Stop whining, its free. The people who make the packs should not care, if they do, they should work @ hollywood

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    This "don't upload our packs on other trackers"-rule is so lame.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Most of the new rips are stolen from the scene. Maybe if you want it so torrent sites have there own material they should get rippers to go out get the dvd, rip it, encode it and package it. If they did that then they have a legitimate right to compalin when some one steals their work. If they dont do that they are compalining that someone stole the work they stole form someone else. Does that make sense.

Oh and i almost forgot the best part of it. The scene is stealing from the movie studio. Unless you are the copywrite holder no one really can say anything about someone else taking their work.
    Last edited by pimpy112; 05-21-2007 at 03:50 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by trad3r View Post
    the only places that have exclusive shit is theplace and bitme. places that have original material that isn\'t available anywhere else.

Compiling scene releases into a \'pack\' is NOT exclusive.
    its also NOT HARD and anyone who says otherwise just wants attn.

Stop whining, its free. The people who make the packs should not care, if they do, they should work @ hollywood
    If its not hard, why dont they use their own access and make the packs themselves?
    I\'m not saying their committing some unforgivable sin, just that they shouldn\'t act surprised when uppers get pissed and tracker staff ban them.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    they could, but if its been done already, why do it again. This is why people use scene releases instead of ripping and encoding themselves, its a waste of time to do it twice when its available already.

If you take this complaint to the extreme, places like ScT and FTN should be ripping and encoding their own shit instead of STEALING from topsites (not my opinion, just taking this complaint to the max to prove a point). This way they would have legitimate complaints when their 'scene' stuff and packs are rip'd off.
    Most scene folk (from what i've heard or been told) dont like their shit ending up on p2p/torrent sites, but it does, thats the nature of file sharing, it gets SHARED.

Get my point now?

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    Personally i can get my hands on around 70% or more of the packs from ftp's.
    So why does it really matter from were i download the packs? I prefer downloading from torrents since i dont have to worry about credits then, all i need to do is leave the computer on. (might also add that im not uploading anything to any trackers)
    But what whats the big deal with uploading something from one tracker then uploading it to another?
    It might not be morally correct to do it, But nether is downloading anything that is copyrighted.

Though i can understand why someone might get irritated if they spend time and credits on making the packs only to find them uploaded on 3 other sites a few hours later. But then you can take the pleasure in knowing that a lot more people will enjoy your work :p
    Just share and be happy

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheffy View Post
    Personally i can get my hands on around 70% or more of the packs from ftp's.
    So why does it really matter from were i download the packs? I prefer downloading from torrents since i dont have to worry about credits then, all i need to do is leave the computer on. (might also add that im not uploading anything to any trackers)
    But what whats the big deal with uploading something from one tracker then uploading it to another?
    It might not be morally correct to do it, But nether is downloading anything that is copyrighted.

Though i can understand why someone might get irritated if they spend time and credits on making the packs only to find them uploaded on 3 other sites a few hours later. But then you can take the pleasure in knowing that a lot more people will enjoy your work :p
    Just share and be happy
    ?

Isn't it the torrent-sites that makes this packs?

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by trad3r View Post
    they could, but if its been done already, why do it again. This is why people use scene releases instead of ripping and encoding themselves, its a waste of time to do it twice when its available already.

If you take this complaint to the extreme, places like ScT and FTN should be ripping and encoding their own shit instead of STEALING from topsites (not my opinion, just taking this complaint to the max to prove a point). This way they would have legitimate complaints when their \'scene\' stuff and packs are rip\'d off.
    Most scene folk (from what i\'ve heard or been told) dont like their shit ending up on p2p/torrent sites, but it does, thats the nature of file sharing, it gets SHARED.

Get my point now?
    Your point is well-taken, and I am the first to point out the hilarity of moralizing on any subject relating to piracy. I am against it only as a practical matter: it makes uppers less likely to create and distribute packs. And again, at the very least, give credit to the original site, as ScT recently gave HDBits credit on their HD packs. It should avert at least some ill will.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    I also agree full credit where credit is due, and I heartily believe that if such sharing wasn't so taboo, credit would be given when the re-uploader feels safe in doing so (not being ban'd from original site where credit is given).
    P2P should be like the computer security world, all documents are shared and freely re posted as long as you credit the original author/site.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    There are other trackers with exclusive content and their own rippers.....Just not so common..
    Now go away.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast