Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Parents Abuse , Mental , Physical, Please Help -- This is neotheone

ruthie's Avatar Poster
    hey Vid..pretty well, thanks. Finished getting my B.A. in Sociology/Criminology this past May..looking for work, getting married and moving. I guess things are going really well. Thanks for asking.
    How's by you? I hope all is well. I finally have time to be on the computer for things other then research. Nice to see you again.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Not done much then

All is well with me thanks

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthie View Post
    This isn't so much aboutfamily of origin versus adoptive family..in fact, that is irrelevant. Vid had some wise words. In the US, someone (if anyone other than you) would have considered calling CPS..child protective services. The abuse she is/has been subjected to sounds as if it is on all levels..perhaps she has been molested too?
    Another thought...how are you taking care of yourself and your own headspace? Are you? While you are trying your best to be attentive and supportive to yur girlfriend, you have to be careful not to get lost in the mix.
    You cannot 'make' her get help. Perhaps you would benefit if yu would consider calling hotlines yourself to receive some guidance on what to do, how to process what is going on. While your intentions are honorable, try to stay aware...are you getting abused?
    I wish you the best of luck, and although (at least here), teachers are mandated reporters, as are many people in the 'field', receiving professional guidance seems to be the best path...for both of you.

So i ask everyone one more peice of advice as well as your contiuning advice on the curretn matter, i ask you guys how do i get her to stop thinking this nonsense and beliving in her self
    Last edited by MasterChief117; 04-13-2008 at 05:04 PM.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Not to be condescending. How old old are you 2?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Well, that is condescending, sarcastic and obnoxious, not to mention totally unhelpful. Get some sensitivity training.

In response to you, neotheone, if it's OK with you, I would like to send you a private message with my thoughts about your post. Let me know if that is alright with you.

anywhichway

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    She needs to get out of there NOW do anything possible to make sure this happens.No matter what it takes.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by deuce6000 View Post
    She needs to get out of there NOW do anything possible to make sure this happens.No matter what it takes.
    Perhaps that is too heavy a responsibility to lay on a 17 year old - while we might all agree the situation sounds horrendous, it is important to remain mindful when considering what burdens we choose to carry and what burdens are not ours to carry. Sometimes, we simply cannot 'carry' another person's burden.
    On another note..I will message you at some point tomorrow (today?), neo...

anywhichway

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Well, that is condescending, sarcastic and obnoxious, not to mention totally unhelpful. Get some sensitivity training.

In response to you, neotheone, if it's OK with you, I would like to send you a private message with my thoughts about your post. Let me know if that is alright with you.
    yea its alright feel free to send pm

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I didn't mean to offend. POV is important.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Some people can just turn there head and say who cares that's her problem i'm just not that type of person.I would help out anyone i can that is in a bad situation like this.It sickens me and actually makes me mad and sad just to hear about it.Also i think 17 is old enough to be able to figure out something that could possibly help out this poor girl.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast