Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Men more likely to die of broken heart

weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    yeah thats me the old lonely old f#^K who because had a nasty dissposition early in life screwed up the good relationships now im down to the cheap 5 dollah hoes ...doooh i didnt just type that did i
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    I think it's a biological thing. We're not that far evolved really. It was only 20,000 years ago we were settling down in fixed communities. Women were required to fabricate social cohesion while the men provided the hardware for it. The role of women was more sophisticated and as such when they decided to spread out into the role of men they adapted far better than the other way around.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    the average woman works her way through 20,000 words per day, compared with just 7,000 for the average bloke.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/11...hat_addiction/

us blokes havent got time to talk, were always thinking about japan or something else.
    Yeah, she uses 20,000 words once and he uses 7,000 words 2.86 times each.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Genetics is hardly my field, but it can't be in our genes, can it?

Not if it's "only" been 20000 years, I mean.

On a loosely related note, I read richard Morgan's Black Man, a month or so ago.

It's about a bloke who's genetically engineered to be a (genetic) throwback to the time when people were hunter-gatherers. It came with an interesting outlook on human evolution. He's kind of kickass, but doesn't fit in with the rest of society all that well, too fierce, like. Super-duper alpha male kind of thing.

Book-tip, like.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    That's what I mean. We're not so different to how we were 20,000 years ago physiologically speaking. We've come so far scarily fast, and I don't think our brains can cope. That is, women's cope better because we're more emotionally sophisticated on account of having to raise children, but we still don't cope brilliantly. That's why there's so much mental illness in the West I reckon....it's not all to do with better diagnosis.

Edit: Thanks for the tip by the way.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    They're also more likely to take their kids to their graves with them when they get dumped. This is on account of them being more prone to ego-driven acts of irrationality. When it comes to emotional susceptibility to external influence I think they're the weaker sex.
    Statistics say no...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slate
    Children under the age of 5 in the United States are more likely to be killed by their parents than anyone else. Contrary to popular mythology, they are rarely killed by a sex-crazed stranger. FBI crime statistics show that in 1999 parents were responsible for 57 percent of these murders, with family friends and acquaintances accounting for another 30 percent and other family members accounting for 8 percent. Crime statistics further reveal that of the children under 5 killed from 1976 to 1999, 30 percent were murdered by their mothers while 31 percent were killed by their fathers.
    Rest of article here.
    Admittedly this article does not delve into the "why" (i.e., were they "dumped" beforehand?), maybe you have other info pertaining to that.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    They're also more likely to take their kids to their graves with them when they get dumped. This is on account of them being more prone to ego-driven acts of irrationality. When it comes to emotional susceptibility to external influence I think they're the weaker sex.
    Hmmmm.... no comment!

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    ""men SHOULDNT lose interest in masterbating with or without a gf"....and that really helps when being dumped by a gal,atleast i tot it was a lot easier to make up for the loss....and also knowing there is nothing such as true love and you r gonna fall out of love eventually.",i will write a book on broken hearts and this whole phrase is copyrited^^....

yesterday i went out with somegal,and i tot since it was sunday there wouldnt be cops unfortunately i was asked to stop by a traffic police ,i didnt i gave full throttle and rodeaway at full speed,i think the police made a note of my number,it was all because of the gal...i wouldnt even have been there if it wasnt for her...i am feeling scared about evading cops and making them look bad.... masterbating is not helping,...i cant figure out y i do the things i do...i seem to be normal on the outside ,but i am soo stupid

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

9. Lounge   -   #29
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by stitched View Post
    yesterday i went out with somegal,and i tot since it was sunday there wouldnt be cops unfortunately i was asked to stop by a traffic police ,i didnt i gave full throttle and rodeaway at full speed,i think the police made a note of my number,it was all because of the gal...i wouldnt even have been there if it wasnt for her...i am feeling scared about evading cops and making them look bad.... masterbating is not helping,...i cant figure out y i do the things i do...i seem to be normal on the outside ,but i am soo stupid
    I can't imagine why masturbation isn't helping.
    Perhaps you're doing it wrong.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Statistics say no...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slate
    Children under the age of 5 in the United States are more likely to be killed by their parents than anyone else. Contrary to popular mythology, they are rarely killed by a sex-crazed stranger. FBI crime statistics show that in 1999 parents were responsible for 57 percent of these murders, with family friends and acquaintances accounting for another 30 percent and other family members accounting for 8 percent. Crime statistics further reveal that of the children under 5 killed from 1976 to 1999, 30 percent were murdered by their mothers while 31 percent were killed by their fathers.
    Rest of article here.
    Admittedly this article does not delve into the "why" (i.e., were they "dumped" beforehand?), maybe you have other info pertaining to that.
    You're right, it doesn't. So why you posted an unrelated point as a rebuttal is beyond me.

-D, must try harder.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast