Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: The catch-all movie/TV comment thread .

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Actually if you've seen Alien Resurrection you have done worse.
    Watching tonight. I've seen AvP Requiem, I'm thinking that was also worse, I'll know later.
    Last edited by mjmacky; 06-11-2012 at 02:20 AM. Reason: capiTals
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

2. Movies & TV   -   #102
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Actually if you've seen Alien Resurrection you have done worse.
    Watching tonight. I've seen AvP Requiem, I'm thinking that was also worse, I'll know later.
    Out of all the Alien and Predator movies there have been like what 21/2 good ones? I wish I had a machine that could turn shit into money.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #103
    ckrit's Avatar Flagpole
    So 10.5? That sounds like a lot.
    ckrit d<rit c|<rit

Mi signotaur > urs.

4. Movies & TV   -   #104
    Quote Originally Posted by ckrit View Post
    So 10.5? That sounds like a lot.
    Everyone's a ckrit.

5. Movies & TV   -   #105
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Don't I know it.

6. Movies & TV   -   #106
    Alien vs. Ninja was pretty damn good and I don't know why. It had hilarious choreography, though not really executed in perfect fashion, but at the same time just cool fucking non-silly choreography executed relatively better. The music choice always seems strange yet perfectly fitted. It made it feel like it was all on purpose. Nothing really felt conventional, so I guess that may be why I can't tell the reason I loved it. Kind of reminds me of watching Predator the first time without an overbearing sense of familiarity. And the scene with them speaking English, wtf?

How about a scene?

Last edited by mjmacky; 06-17-2012 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Switched video server

7. Movies & TV   -   #107
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post

Out of all the Alien and Predator movies there have been like what 21/2 good ones? I wish I had a machine that could turn shit into money.
    Well you can blame Brandywine productions for interfering with, and murdering the Alien sequels (excepting Aliens). It was quite the reverse, interference by the production team strangled the golden goose, despite the cult following Alien had engendered. That being said so many people have told me AVP requiem is awful that I haven't actually seen it.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

8. Movies & TV   -   #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    That being said so many people have told me AVP requiem is awful that I haven't actually seen it.
    It is unreal god awful. I still haven't seen the entirety of the original AvP even though I've been meaning to for a few years. I think I'm just afraid to watch it all the way through just to find out it sucked.

9. Movies & TV   -   #109
    ckrit's Avatar Flagpole
    IIRC AvP: Requiem is characterised by a remarkable lack of imagination coupled by a desire be scarier than the earlier movies.

"Aliens land in a small town, and then, uh, they...kill people?"

The end result is that I remember exactly one thing clearly* about it, after maybe two years since seeing it last. (Saw a bad rip the first time, which was missing the end, so had to see how it ended just in case it suddenly turned around and got good, only it was so shit up until the missing bit that I couldn't be arsed for a long time.)

Spoiler: Show

I don't remember the plot, what the predators did or what actors were in it.

It's basically a big blank, possibly involving humvees, guns, maybe sewers, some teenager getting bullied and...fireworks?
    Last edited by ckrit; 06-12-2012 at 01:23 PM.
    ckrit d<rit c|<rit

Mi signotaur > urs.

10. Movies & TV   -   #110
    Quote Originally Posted by ckrit View Post
    IIRC AvP: Requiem is characterised by a remarkable lack of imagination coupled by a desire be scarier than the earlier movies.

"Aliens land in a small town, and then, uh, they...kill people?"

The end result is that I remember exactly one thing clearly* about it, after maybe two years since seeing it last. (Saw a bad rip the first time, which was missing the end, so had to see how it ended just in case it suddenly turned around and got good, only it was so shit up until the missing bit that I couldn't be arsed for a long time.)

Spoiler: Show

I don't remember the plot, what the predators did or what actors were in it.

It's basically a big blank, possibly involving humvees, guns, maybe sewers, some teenager getting bullied and...fireworks?
    At some point hopefully someone will figure out that to actually care about what happens to a character they have to be a little more than a nondescript cardboard cutout with all the character development of simply having a name attached to it.
    .......................................................................................................................................
    I watched The Wolfman movie that starred Benicio del Toro.It was a pretty well done homage to the old matinee stuff of the 50's-60's* until a truly God-awful third act which unnecessarily played to modern summer blockbuster sensibilities irretrievably ruined it.
    Anthony Hopkins character should have been done in early as (except for the God-awful movie spoiling showdown) he was extraneous to the real story -that of a good if flawed man who is enable to escape his fate.

*In the right light /right angle del Toro even reminded me of Lon Chaney Jr.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 06-12-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast