Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: One sentence movie reviews

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Jurassic World(2015)

Hopefully one of these days Hollywood will discover that you can't just hang $100 million dollars of FX on a boatload of stupid and expect it to be a good movie.
    Jurassic World has turned into quite the blockbuster hit. The film has crushed industry estimates, and has raked in a record $511.8 million globally, making it the first to ever break half a billion dollars over its opening weekend. That number comes from $204.6 million domestically, just shy of The Avengers' record $207.4 million weekend haul in 2012
    Yeah, that'll teach 'em a lesson!
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Movies & TV   -   #32
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I knew it would make money but that surprised even the studio as it was projecting about half that.

Obviously factors like the audience age for movies in theaters has been steadily dropping for over the last thirty years, the price of a ticket is triple what it use to be, the nostalgia for the first movie and the obvious total lack of taste by general public.

I only added the last because there have been a handful of really good sci-fi movies released in the last few years and almost all have suffered an ignominious death.

I defy you to watch this film (there's a very watchable cam out right now) and tell me that it's not stupid beyond belief.Which would be OK if it wasn't a the same time taking itself so fucking seriously.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #33
    I finished my class last night, so I'll have more meeeeee time now. I have already downloaded that TS, so I'll flip a coin to determine whether I smash my hand with a hammer to dull the pain before or afterwards.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Movies & TV   -   #34
    Automata : id need more than one line to sum up how S#*T it was....

5. Movies & TV   -   #35
    I'm afraid those are the rules and nothing will happen if you break them.

6. Movies & TV   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonictoyz View Post
    Automata : id need more than one line to sum up how S#*T it was....
    It wasn't so much stitty as it should have been made as a 30 minute short.

7. Movies & TV   -   #37
    I defy you to watch this film (there's a very watchable cam out right now) and tell me that it's not stupid beyond belief.Which would be OK if it wasn't a the same time taking itself so fucking seriously.
    Grabbed the Hive-CM8 ts. Instead of lamenting the loss of Stan Winston's practical FX, or any kind of meaningful ensemble, I'll simply mention how good looking Bryce Howard is.

Joking aside, Vincent D'onofrio was terribly underutilized. Watching him ham it up was the only highlight.

8. Movies & TV   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by piercerseth View Post
    Vincent D'onofrio was terribly underutilized. Watching him ham it up was the only highlight.
    Only just recognized him as Pyle while going through the Daredevil series. In retrospect, he did such an amazing job (in FMJ) pushing both his soft side, as well as his dark, unstable side, that his typical "middle place" demeanor never really stood out as being the same person. Only now do I remember seeing him in things over the years. Such a HUGE part of that film is owed to him and R. Lee Ermey.

9. Movies & TV   -   #39

Joking aside, Vincent D'onofrio was terribly underutilized. Watching him ham it up was the only highlight.
    He should be good as there's literally twice as much of him now.

Batman seems to know what he's talking about.

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
    Grabbed the Hive-CM8 ts. Instead of lamenting the loss of Stan Winston's practical FX, or any kind of meaningful ensemble, I'll simply mention how good looking Bryce Howard is.

I am a big fan of the blue eyes, pale skin and red hair thing but she's always had a tendency to blimp up.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 06-16-2015 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. Movies & TV   -   #40
    [video=Adventures in Babysitting]
    I'm not sure how well it would hold up to modern rewatching, but I have fond memories of Adventures in Babysitting.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast