Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newsgroups

i get this error when i click on thsat link:

"this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. create an association in the folders options control panel."

feel free to pm me some fast free good retention servers you got off that site.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Poster
    r news groups safe

proud to be american

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Originally posted by Jay@3 January 2004 - 06:16
    r news groups safe
    what do you mean?
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+3 January 2004 - 09:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 3 January 2004 - 09:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jay@3 January 2004 - 06:16
    r news groups safe
    what do you mean? [/b][/quote]
    i think he&#39;s talking safe from thr riaa. in that instance yes since you&#39;re only downloading stuff. even if you post movies and music they have no way of really knowing who you are and much like irc though there&#39;s a wealth of good shit on there since most people don&#39;t know about it or how to use and can&#39;t be arsed to learn there&#39;s no pressure for them to go after us.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Originally posted by slick nick@3 January 2004 - 08:12
    even if you post movies and music they have no way of really knowing who you are
    well, unless you use an anonymous proxy then everything you post is tagged with your ip

however, no-one knows what you download except your isp (or your isp and your newsgroup provider)
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    I tried to set it up with xnews.

I followed the guide at slycks and put in the news server from my ISP

this is how it looks after retrieving the list from the server
    Screenshot

but when I doubleclick on a group to download the headers it opens a seperate window but doesnt display anything
    screenshot

Any help on what I do wrong? :helpsmile:

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    sorry benno i don&#39;t use xnews. i think newbinpro is the best program you can use. if you install that i could help you but i&#39;ve never used xnews.

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    I have newsbinpro installed as well but exactly the same happens

http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/040104-newsbin.jpg

could it be that the newsserver somehow filters the groups

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Originally posted by slick nick@4 January 2004 - 02:16
    sorry benno i don&#39;t use xnews. i think newbinpro is the best program you can use. if you install that i could help you but i&#39;ve never used xnews.
    check yur pm dude&#33;&#33;&#33;

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Originally posted by Benno@4 January 2004 - 15:19
    I have newsbinpro installed as well but exactly the same happens

http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/040104-newsbin.jpg

could it be that the newsserver somehow filters the groups&nbsp;
    hmm. when newsbinpro is green like that on a selected group it&#39;s downloading the headers. have you tried to download something in the group yet?

ah either what i just said or that&#39;s a group that really has nothing in it. if you want all the good mp3 groups click the groups tag, put in mp3, and then click the little box that says find groups with, and then you&#39;ll get a list of all the mp3 groups. look at how many articles they have and join the ones that interest you. then when you double click them they&#39;ll be headers to download. the first two groups your recomended to subscribe to by the program usually don&#39;t work.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast