Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Right Click On "traffic" Files [option]

Poster
    ok i understood the bit about looking for more users, thats no problem, but the rest of it, eg, 'a way to download verified'? and 'or you should get a hash....., can you explain that in thick peoples english for me please. the reason why i asked which country your from is because you reply to my stupid questions at extremely ungodly hours!

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    About verefying.
    If many users have the same file it rises the chance that it's a, lets say, normal file and not a fake.

About hashes.
    A hash contains information about a file. With this information an application like K-Sig will create a .dat file needed to start a new download without searching.
    This new download is based upon verified information, thus a downloaded file will be legite.

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Poster
    right, after all this my download speeds have finally gone up! thanx. i would like to know how to print some of the information that you post, i clicked on the menu where it says download and view printable version, so when i am transferred to the new printable version screen there is nothing that i can click on to print what you have wrote? also when you reply to me you have a flag which i think is written in russian and says xp and some other info on it, what does that mean? also what does 56k powaa mean?

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by zedd@6 January 2004 - 00:16
    right, after all this my download speeds have finally gone up!
    Great.

This russian isn't russian, it's greek.
    Go to DanaSoft page and you can get one.

56k powaa means 56 kilobytes power, 56 kilo modem. let's say it's a slogan.

Open this printable version and then in Internet Explorer File->Print.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Poster
    well autumn fox, this looks like the end of my questions for now, but i am certain there will be many more in the very near future. now, i dont know if this topic here of ours will remain open, so what do i do if i need to ask you something, do i look for you here, do you have an e-mail address or is it goodbye forever?

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    To ask more questions you have to start a new topic. To do so, in a forum you'll have to click New Topic in lower right of your screen (it's under all of the posts)

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Poster
    another question already what is cpu usage?

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    It's the amount of how much an application is using the CPU. The higher CPU usage, the more processing power is required by an application. Percentage value.
    In Windows XP (maybe others also, dunno) you can set how it works (all apps get tthe same amount of CPU time, or the apps used ATM get more processing power).

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Poster
    i have read in this forum that the built in firewall in windows xp (my os) can reduce my download speeds, is this correct? if so what can i do to change that?

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    First of all I must say that I have never made contact with English version of Windows XP, thus my answer is based upon your intelligence. In other words: A blind man leading a criple.

Now...

In Control Panel you have something that may be called "Internet Connections" or "Net Connections" (something that consists variety of Internet or Net and Connect words)
    In there you'll have all of your connection devices/way to connect listed. Right-Click your primary connection and on the "Advanced" tab you'll have something like: Protect my computer and network, reducing or disallowing access to this computer via Internet. I think that it's the only option there so it shoulden't be a problem. Make sure that it's unmarked, that'll disable the firewall.

I hope that you understand

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast