Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Is This The Xbox Killer?

That part about the 5.1 surround is just pure bullshit any console with a digital optical out has support dolby 5.1
    Cube uses Dolby Pro Logic II. It's a system that simulates surround through less channels. The effect is very convincing , and IIRC it's easier to program - but it's not on the same level as true 5.1

2. Games   -   #52
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by THE DUDE+4 February 2004 - 08:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (THE DUDE @ 4 February 2004 - 08:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-slimboyfatz@22 January 2004 - 12:11
    ...yeah i want a PS2 because i dont want to be able to run Games with High Res textures, high frame-rates, 5.1 surround sound...
    Both have 128 bit graphics and are capable of running game with high textures and frame rates. The Xbox may have a higher capablilities but it doesn&#39;t mean that the PS2 doesn&#39;t cut the mustard. That part about the 5.1 surround is just pure bullshit any console with a digital optical out has support dolby 5.1 as long as the game was designed for that type of audio. [/b][/quote]
    What you talking about?

High-rez textures?? On an Xbox??
    Not saying that the other consoles are better, but you need to go look at what those community High-rez textures for DX2 look like compared to normal DX2 textures (designed for Xboxes).

DX2 = Deus Ex Invisible War by the way.

3. Games   -   #53
    I really couldn&#39;t recomend a PS2,mine croaked shortly after my warranty was up(2 days after) - then again 8 out the 10 people i know had the same prob.
    don&#39;t think I&#39;ll be buying an Sony consoles in the future.
    &quot;Specs&quot;
    CPU:High,some say I&#39;m a legend in My own mind.
    Update&#33; Overclocked - Achieved Demi God statis.
    Ram:If she&#39;s ready, so am I.
    Hard drive:Ready for access,larger than average.
    Bus speed:Not as fast as My truck.

4. Games   -   #54
    JunkBarMan's Avatar Milk Sucks,Got Beer?
    Everytime I look at the PS2 selection of games, It makes me regret buying a better system with lesser quality games. So I go home play with my modded xbox, look on my harddrive and choose between the different games I might want to play that day: Halo, Mech Assault, Morrowind. Wait, on second thought, the only crap that PS2 has over XBOX is some stupid camera game, that was made for 12 years old&#33;
    Oh the things that are possible with the XBOX are far and beyond anything the PS2 to could ever do, right out of the box. Not to mention the MOD UPGRADES.
    Why pay &#036;200 for a system that doesn&#39;t even have a harddrive, just to pay another &#036;100 like 4 years later for that harddrive, that still isn&#39;t out?
    Today is the day.

5. Games   -   #55
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    The only PS2 game I wish they would make for Xbox is Kingdom Hearts.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456