Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Thread: Help Pluging Up Cords

lynx's Avatar .
    Maybe just one of the voltages (possibly 3.3v) is down, or at least below spec.

Could be that your old PII board doesn't care about that voltage but your new board does. I'm guessing that your old board uses 72-pin dimms for memory. As far as I know those run on 5v. The PII core voltage is probably also derived from 5v, in which case the 3.3v line would be redundant on that board.

Your new board will almost certainly use the 3.3v for processor core voltage, and maybe for memory voltage too.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #102
    ight kool
    ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe Mobo
    Athlon XP 1800+
    1 GIG PC3200 DDR400 RAM
    WINDOWS XP PRO WITH SERVICE PACK 2
    200GIG HARDDRIVE
    16X DVD-ROM
    DVD-BURNER
    EXTERNAL FLOPPY
    LIGHT IN CASE
    GEFORCE FX 5200 256MB

3. Software & Hardware   -   #103
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    you get that checksum error the first time you start up a mobo whether it be first time ever after buying it, first time after replacing a battery or clearing cmos, or first time after a new bios update. once youve gone into the bios and set stuff up it wont get the error anymore.

first worry about getting a replacement power supply. then you will probably need to change boot order in your bios to floppy, cd-rom, and last hard drive. now you willl install a new operating system onto the hard drive (old one most likely isnt going to work with the new parts)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #104
    I put a 300 watt psu in that comp and it works, i put a 400 watt psu in mine and it works, i set up the bios on that other comp and i am trying to put xp on it currently
    ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe Mobo
    Athlon XP 1800+
    1 GIG PC3200 DDR400 RAM
    WINDOWS XP PRO WITH SERVICE PACK 2
    200GIG HARDDRIVE
    16X DVD-ROM
    DVD-BURNER
    EXTERNAL FLOPPY
    LIGHT IN CASE
    GEFORCE FX 5200 256MB

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011