Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Bowling For Columbine

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Hey, Crackedup since clearly you're one of the few people who have seen this movie, would you care to join Jibbler and me in Baghdad and discuss it further? We've got the beer and music covered, so you can bring food (lots of Oreos if Jibbler comes through with the weed)
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Movies & TV   -   #52
    I always wanted to go to the Baghdad Hard Rock Cafe, but it closed because of desert storm...... I'm not sure if I want to go there now, as I don't exactly agree with what's going on there. Just out of interest you mentioned Newcastle Brown before. Are you an American by birth who just happened to stumble across one of the world's great beers, or are you an ex-pat Geordie?

3. Movies & TV   -   #53
    I spent several seasons in Britain and Europe as a mechanic on motorcycle roadrace teams. I've certainly done my share of stumbling, but I know great beer when it's thrown at my face

4. Movies & TV   -   #54
    I see. Glad you enjoyed the film, and that you are obviously a knowledgeable beer drinker!

5. Movies & TV   -   #55
    Come to think of it, Michael Moore looks like he's enjoyed a beer or 20 himself, doesn't he?

6. Movies & TV   -   #56
    Yes, perhaps he dranks loads whilst out with the NRA!? Nice chatting - I'm off for zzzzzzzzzzzz's now as it's 03.20 here in Spain

7. Movies & TV   -   #57
    (Just my opinion, don't take it personal)
    I believe Mike Moore was just trying to get a point across in the best way , that guns are always going to be a bad thing when in the wrong hands and now-a-days its very easy to get a gun no matter who you are. Innocent people DIE EVERY DAY because of guns, not just in the US, but in Canada too....I've had a gun pulled on me in Scarborough Ontario (Canada), i saw a man get shot for saying the wrong thing at McDonalds drive-thru, 2 mins from where i live, a blind man was shot in his own home 4 doors down from my house, and basically GUNS = FEAR.....just like Mr. Moore was tryin to point out, i can't just walk the streets and pick a fight anymore.....it seems there is no such thing as a fist to fist battle anymore. People who fear that they can't protect themselves with there fists, get guns to do the job for them. War in Iraq, whatever......there is a fuckin war on the streets within our own countries, among our own people, we need to get rid of these guns. Too many little punks on the streets that hold guns and don't even have half a brain in there head. Thats just askin for a disaster!!!
    Anyways, all that Mike was tryin to do was make a point, some things were not true, but also some WERE!!
    Peace, StEpS

8. Movies & TV   -   #58
    One of the movie's most telling points is that as the crime rate has steadily decreased, media attention to crime has RISEN! So I think you have it backwards stEps...FEAR=GUNS.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456