Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Update On Fst

namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Do what you gotta do rookie, like it or lump it we dont have a choice but I hope it does bring the increased traffic that you expect. Lets hope you gain more users opposed to losing some of the established ones.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Illuminati@17 August 2004 - 10:53
    I personally don't mind the change - Looking at more & more effective forums, vB's starting to grow on me. 

But if we're changing over, it's an idea to consider making a skin that at least looks like the way this place looks now.  It may be easier to accept if our interface for the forum is generally the same but the only changes seem to be under the hood

Skinners, start your Photoshops
    I imagine most people would like there to be a skin resembling this one when we move.

With the fact that most people would want this prepare for that idea to be ignored.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    The power of communism Atleast he's a better than 7th
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #34
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    sounds like alot of work, glad i don't have to do it.
    i dont care about the look or feel or even my post count as long as i have a place to hang my hat i am cool with it.
    all the drama queens on here should learn to accept the things you cant change, and the serenity to know that this is one of them.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #35
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Vargas@17 August 2004 - 11:35
    sounds like alot of work, glad i don't have to do it.
    i dont care about the look or feel or even my post count as long as i have a place to hang my hat i am cool with it.
    all the drama queens on here should learn to accept the things you cant change, and the serenity to know that this is one of them.
    Sounds great.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #36
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by RGX+17 August 2004 - 10:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RGX @ 17 August 2004 - 10:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SnnY@17 August 2004 - 09:41
    You know, if it hadn&#39;t been for 7th, this board wouldn&#39;t really have been the property of any one person, not the way it is now.

It&#39;s like 7th stole it from everybody.

Sometimes I really wonder how things happened this way.

So how much extra does the VB-thing cost then, or is it cheaper? More cost-effective?

I suppose it&#39;ll be ok if it looks the same.
    TBH I think the VB boards look ugly and out of place, but maybe thats just me....didn&#39;t we have a poll on this and most people voted no? [/b][/quote]

Like that matters RGX

I don&#39;t really no why we get asked when the changes will go ahead no matter what Its your board Rookie to do what you want with it , what ever we say doesn&#39;t matter.

Personally now i have used IPB2 and got used to it I think we should just stick with that

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #37
    Site Owner
    As always inregardless of what we may say you shall do as you please, if my opinion mattered on this Ide say no...
    You have to understand that I can&#39;t please everyone. I have seen how VB works both internally and externally and I truely believe this is a change for the better. The main reason is that Martin, my Partner in all this, is an expert at writing add ons and cool features for VB. He is not too familiar with IPB. This way we can have basically anything imaginable done. I know a lot of you might be pissed off, but I truely believe that you all will get used to the new look and love it.

As for downtime, there should not be any. The Url will be the same of course.

Please also understand that I paid a huge amount of money to 7th for this place. I just want it to be sustainable.

Thank you
    Brian

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #38
    TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    What is the date for the switch?

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #39
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Is this the same person that got off to such a good start in the lounge? Was it ad-lib he called himself then?

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #40
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by danb@17 August 2004 - 14:47
    Is this the same person that got off to such a good start in the lounge? Was it ad-lib he called himself then?&nbsp;
    Lovely chap, I especially liked the bit where he told pol, one of your loyal team members, Rookie, and someone who I think is doing the job very well, a geek or what it was.

Given ad-libs lovely demeanor I really hope it isn&#39;t him as you might start losing team-members, and not just regulars over that.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast