Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: It's Big, it's black, it's W/C'ed

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I'm confused.
    Last we heard you were very happy and suddenly you can't stand the Zalman.
    What happened?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Acid_death69's Avatar confuddled?!
    i was happy, but 7 months later the performance on the motor started to decline, and it took longer and longer for it to cool my CPU after heavy loads. i did try to replace the motor but trying to get the bottom of the tank off is near impossible. Also draining the loop is a pain, plus it ways a ton. im happy that itried water cooling but seen as i move my pc about every so often it becomes a major inconvenience. Have my new heat sink is easier. i may try water cooling again in the future hopefully when everything becomes better enclosed but for the moment in happy with air. howz your w/c looping going clocker?

My name is Dan for the people who care!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Yeah, those things have a well-documented problem with the stock pumps.
    Various fixes are available but require some work.

The external Zalman setup does tend to magnify the problems inherent with all water loops...portability being the main one.
    That can be somewhat alleviated by using some quick connects in the water lines, but it'll always be an issue.

My loop is running just fine, thank you.
    I just did a fresh install of Win7 and haven't even installed Everest to monitor temps.
    Probably won't either.
    It's been running fine for months and I'm trying to stop obsessing over my hardware.
    Now that I have a car project to occupy me, Sprocket has been in "set it and forget it" mode.

Obviously, this could change at any time.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    lol yerr i know fine well you like to tinker with it every now and then i think were all like that. i should really relable this thread it's not big, it's not clever it's buggered.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Good to see you around again, sorry you gave up on the WC. Hopefully you come back one day.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    i will, i think, come back to w/c. when i do i think it'll be when i will never ever move my pc and the w/c loop will be an all in one piece of equipment. that way i won't have to drain i won't be concerned about draining or pressure or spilages on pieces of hardware.
    But atm i more than happy with what ive got i'll wait till i'll run this into the ground beofre considering a new way to cool my pc.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234