Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My boxing fight on friday

Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    This was my my first fight as an Amateur and also the first fight in the novice Golden Gloves Tournament.

I did good but I looked bad by the end of the fight because I got caught with some big shots which gave me a lot of trouble. That was a result of keeping my hands down and not worrying about my defense....I learned a lot from my mistakes though.

Anyway here's the fight. Enjoy!

[YOUTUBE]u9b1mIqtdmg[/YOUTUBE]
    Good effort Sir, very good effort - I enjoyed that

2. Lounge   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    So no one would take any pleasure in seeing him knocked out?
    Well, we do like a good larf, but he fucked that up by winning, so.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Thanks for all the comments guys.

My next fight is going to be in about two weeks or so. They haven't given me the date yet but I will upload that one as well regardless if I win or lose.(Im going to try my best to win though ofc)

To tell you the truth I was very disappointed with my performance after this fight. I didn't expect to get caught the way i did and one of my mistakes was that I underestimated the guy.

After watching this video I saw a lot of my mistakes and from now on I'm going to focus a lot on building my defense. I am also going to need to learn how to stick to a gameplan if it's working because if you notice I was having an easy time when I was staying away from this guy and just sticking the jab from the outside. I started getting caught whenever i decided to go in and exhange.

Also like you said Idoleyes I need to start learning how to move my upper body more in order to slip some punches.

This two upcoming weeks are going to be very tough for me because i will need to make a lot of adjustments.

Also one last thing. It's very very tough being in that ring when you have a lot of people watching you. I was very ring shy and nervous and that definitely affected my performance a little. i think next time I will be more calm since I already know what being infront of all those people feels like.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Ffs, if we're going to be your fans, that's the least you can do.

One more thing:

Work your abs and lats like a madman, 'cuz upper-body mobility demands it, and can suck energy out of you worse than than taking a punch.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    ^haha

Yea you're definitely right. I was also told that strong abs deliver more power to the upper body from the legs.

Abs is something that I lack and will definitely need to work on. Even though I don't have a six pack or anything, I can still take some pretty hard body shots lol...at least up till now

6. Lounge   -   #16
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    ok you came in waaaaay too cocky in the beginning. save your energy man, its precious. you do move your feet alot, i wont say you move them well though. you have to stop crossing your feet when you step and keep them vertical too. i seen you stand completely parallel to your shoulders way too many times, that's any decent fighter's que to step back and blast you one real good straight one in the face, as this es always the easy knockout due to being unbalanced. dont ever ever do that again!!! your next guy WILL be looking for those.

i also want more ducking; you dont duck for shit. i dont care how fucking tall you are you better start the ducking. incorporate ducking in your combos and you will see how much better you catch the fucker off guard and possibly off balanced.

as your punishment for not keeping your parrying hand up, id tape up your hand to your head for a couple sparring matches. you cant do this, you CANNOT be a boxer. these are basics.

besides what i told you, you have a good snap in that jab. im sure youll do much better in your next match. Ill be lookin to see how much of our advice you use.

ps whenever you have a little short guy going against you again, know that the only real way he can fuck you up is if he gets inside and lights you up. the less aggressive ones will go for the wild ass haymakers as they dont want to go in and lay down the law.
    Last edited by l33tpirata13; 02-07-2010 at 07:24 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by l33tpirata13 View Post
    ...you have to stop crossing your feet when you step and keep them vertical too...
    Are you telling him to take a dive at all.

-Mark Twain

8. Lounge   -   #18
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    ...you have to stop crossing your feet when you step and keep them vertical too...
    ARe you telling him to take a dive at all? have you ever stepped in the ring? sounds like you dont know shit. if you have ever been trained you know exactly what im talkin about. YOU NEVER EVER CROSS ONE FOOT OVER THE OTHER!!! picture it like walking on a ledge. keepin your feet vertical, not horizontal to your opponent, literally keeps you from getting put on your ass. Does that make sense to you? if youre just gonna troll.....
    Last edited by l33tpirata13; 02-07-2010 at 08:21 PM.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    ^haha

Yea you're definitely right. I was also told that strong abs deliver more power to the upper body from the legs.

Abs is something that I lack and will definitely need to work on. Even though I don't have a six pack or anything, I can still take some pretty hard body shots lol...at least up till now
    Not just your abs but your core muscles .Read this http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/a.../a/NewCore.htm
    Athletic success ,especially that requiring explosive movement is all based on having a strong core .

A suggestion: if it doesn't conflict with the rest of your training see if you can do the full PX90 ab workout .It's kind of ghey I know but only takes like 20 minutes and works your core like nobody's business .
    [youtube]Zm4HIyQNkNM[/youtube]

One last word ,nothing negatively effects athletic improvement more than over-training . I doubt if you have access to testing for blood lactate levels so a simple rule of thumb is never train to the point that you are habitually run-down . If you are training optimally you should feel relatively fresh at the start of every work-out and not feel like you have to force yourself..
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 02-07-2010 at 08:35 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

ARe you telling him to take a dive at all? have you ever stepped in the ring? sounds like you dont know shit. if you have ever been trained you know exactly what im talkin about. YOU NEVER EVER CROSS ONE FOOT OVER THE OTHER!!! picture it like walking on a ledge. keepin your feet vertical, not horizontal to your opponent, literally keeps you from getting put on your ass. Does that make sense to you? if youre just gonna troll.....
    As a matter of fact, I have spent a bit of time in the ring; helped train a few fellows for Golden Gloves back in the day.

I think the term you are looking for is perpendicular, not vertical.

A vertical orientation, foot-wise, would put a fighter flat on his back, and I'm pretty sure that's not what you meant.

Glad to have relieved you of your misapprehension.

Btw-

I'm don't troll, I'm just returning the compliment.

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast