Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: For Mrlessk

Poster
    Obviously Americans aren't stupid.

Some are clever, most are average, some are below average. That however is when you compare them to each other. That's how it works statistics bunny boy.

It is when you compare them to everyone else, that you reach the conclusion, the average American has below average intelligence.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Ex-member
    Some statistical evidence supporting the above - go to 'view results'.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    3rd gen Noob, didnt you have a signature a while back along the lines of "americans are stupid?"

Quite a few people, including me, asked you to remove it, may have been a previous incarnation, not sure

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Originally posted by Lamsey@14 December 2003 - 15:19

Oh and btw - the image of Scotsmen rioting at football matches doesn't exist. Scots are widely recognised as some of the best football fans in the world; in fact, Celtic fans were recently voted the best in the world by both UEFA and FIFA.

That was my point Lamsey. Why let facts interfere with a delightfully inaccurate stereo-type, you whiskey swilling, bagpipe playing, panty wearing kilt-boy.

I find it hard to believe that Americans are actually below average in intelligence. I would say that our knowledge of geography and world affairs is way below average. But the reason we don't know about the world is because we don't have to. We have international influence, so people are aware of us. Why would I ever even think of Scotland, except for leprechauns and Lucky Charms cereal.

You people here, are your countrys' ambassadors.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by hobbes@14 December 2003 - 18:20
    That was my point Lamsey. Why let facts interfere with a delightfully inaccurate stereo-type, you whiskey swilling, bagpipe playing, panty wearing kilt-boy.

I find it hard to believe that Americans are actually below average in intelligence. I would say that our knowledge of geography and world affairs is way below average. But the reason we don't know about the world is because we don't have to. We have international influence, so people are aware of us. Why would I ever even think of Scotland, except for leprechauns and Lucky Charms cereal.
    Again, completely missing the point.

There is no stereotype of Scots rioting at football matches. I'm not arguing the veracity of such a stereotype, I'm disputing its existence. We are good fans - the "Tartan Army" are renowned for being good fans throughout the world.

And leprechauns are an Irish stereotype, not Scottish.

Must try harder.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Originally posted by Lamsey+14 December 2003 - 20:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey &#064; 14 December 2003 - 20:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@14 December 2003 - 18:20

I find it hard to believe that Americans are actually below average in intelligence. I would say that our knowledge of geography and world affairs is way below average. But the reason we don&#39;t know about the world is because we don&#39;t have to. We have international influence, so people are aware of us. Why would I ever even think of Scotland, except for leprechauns and Lucky Charms cereal.
    Again, completely missing the point.

There is no stereotype of Scots rioting at football matches. I&#39;m not arguing the veracity of such a stereotype, I&#39;m disputing its existence. We are good fans - the "Tartan Army" are renowned for being good fans throughout the world.

And leprechauns are an Irish stereotype, not Scottish.

Must try harder.[/b][/quote]

Well, I think your trying hard enough, if that means anything. Stop being so hard on yourself

But if I want to believe that, certainly I have the right. Just as Noob demanded the right to believe that all Americans are stupid. Both of us are clinging to beliefs that are totally unfounded. That is the point.

If you want to say that that stereo-type does not exist, I would say, "so what". It has nothing to do with the point of the thread. I actually know nothing about the reputation of Scottish fans and I could care less. If you want to laud your scottish fans, start your own webpage.

edit: careless mistake

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Originally posted by RGX@14 December 2003 - 13:40
    3rd gen Noob, didnt you have a signature a while back along the lines of "americans are stupid?"

Quite a few people, including me, asked you to remove it, may have been a previous incarnation, not sure
    yes, i did

it was "i hate stupid americans"

then i changed it to "i hate stupid americans equally as much as all other stupid people"
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+15 December 2003 - 00:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob &#064; 15 December 2003 - 00:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-RGX@14 December 2003 - 13:40

yes, i did

it was "i hate stupid americans"

then i changed it to "i hate stupid americans equally as much as all other stupid people"[/b][/quote]
    I hate stupid people, too.

But then again, they make me feel a little bit better about myself.

It&#39;s just a shame that there are so many of them and that they have power and influence.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    FatBastard
    Originally posted by Lamsey@15 December 2003 - 04:23
    There is no stereotype of Scots rioting at football matches. I&#39;m not arguing the veracity of such a stereotype, I&#39;m disputing its existence. We are good fans - the "Tartan Army" are renowned for being good fans throughout the world.
    If they are so good, why did they stop the annual England Scotland matches?

It was because of the disgusting behaviour of the Scottish fans.

How much damage did they do to Wembley stadium after the last annual game there? Hundreds of thousands of pounds worth. They also caused havoc in Wembley itself, drunken Scots roaming around pissing up anything that didn&#39;t move&#33;

You may have a good reputation in your own eyes, but not to the rest of us.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Poster
    Originally posted by FatBastard+26 January 2004 - 06:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FatBastard @ 26 January 2004 - 06:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lamsey@15 December 2003 - 04:23
    If they are so good, why did they stop the annual England Scotland matches?

It was because of the disgusting behaviour of the Scottish fans.

How much damage did they do to Wembley stadium after the last annual game there? Hundreds of thousands of pounds worth. They also caused havoc in Wembley itself, drunken Scots roaming around pissing up anything that didn&#39;t move&#33;

You may have a good reputation in your own eyes, but not to the rest of us. [/b][/quote]
    I think you&#39;ll find that present tense was used
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234