View Full Version : connection dropping with grabit

Ox1de
05-26-2006, 10:11 AM
Hi all,

Getting great speeds with Grabit, but most of the time checking the graph at the bottom of Grabit, I see that the connection every few seconds drops to 0 then goes back up again :stars:

Just wondering why this would be? Probably because im using my isp's server (shame i havnt got a CC to pay for newshosting - wish they accepted paypal)

stu_mac
05-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Its not because you use your isp's server - i use Grabit with newshosting, Newsdemon and isp (ntl) and the graph allways shows the drop.
I dont have a clue why but with the great speeds i get i'm not bothered !
Try newsdemon i think you can pay with switch/maestro cards.

jetje
05-29-2006, 08:15 AM
i had something similar in the past, it was because my (old) isp did some sort of port scans, wich kinda block the traffic for a sec.

i can't recall the kind of scans but if i recall correct it was land or xxxfin scan.

Hope this can help you find the problem. :)

RealitY
05-30-2006, 08:43 AM
shame i havnt got a CC to pay for newshosting - wish they accepted paypal
You can use PayPal with NewsHosting by sending an email to [email protected] with the following information

Subject: NEW ACCOUNTS

Name:
Address (Street):
Address (City):
Address (State):
Address (Zip):
Phone:
Desired Username:
Alt Username:
Email Address:
Account Type: (Unlimited / 60GB Limited)
Rate Length: (6 / 12 months)
Refferal Account: FileSharingTalk.com a51500

The last line will issue the refferal credit the site...

nykobing
05-30-2006, 11:18 PM
Just curious if this was the new beta that was released the other day? Grabbit is going in strange bursts right now, goes for a second then stops for longer than it downloads. This isn't happening at all with Xnews, the speed is constant with that. Maybe I'll go back to the old beta.

edit - ignore me, I booted into linux and it is going slow in klibido, must be newshosting or something else.

WHiKWiRE
06-03-2006, 10:50 PM
Same thing happens with my isp changing in a few days thankfully

justindlawson
06-08-2006, 09:47 PM
this "dropping" is happening to me to. but i still get good speeds